Looking to play some music....

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2017, 12:52 AM
Default Looking to play some music....

I have posted here before to try and get some folks together to jam a bit but none of the replies seemed to get back to me through the site. So I am trying this again but using my own email as the contact channel. joyalgl.gj@gmail.com

I am a snowbird looking for some other classic rock lovers to jam a bit. I play guitar and do vocals. I cover Clapton to James Taylor ... Pink Floyd to the Beatles and everywhere in between. I do both acoustic or electric but have no PA down here. Also interested in setting up an acoustic classic rock duo (CSNY, Cat Stevens, etc)to gig during the winter months - preferably a guitar/vocalist but open to possibilities.
So shoot me an email rather than post on the thread and I will respond.
Cheers
Glenn
Old 02-14-2017, 06:39 AM
Gold member

When you get your band together don't bother practicing at someones house. It would be rude and inconsiderate to not take neighbors into account with the music/noise.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
When you get your band together don't bother practicing at someones house. It would be rude and inconsiderate to not take neighbors into account with the music/noise.
I have band rehearsals at my house all the time and it's not a problem. In fact some neighbors have commented on how much they like the music. I will say that we keep the volume well down. We can carry on a conversation while all five of us are playing.

Glenn, you should come to a meeting of The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages. We meet every Friday morning at 10:00 at the O'Dell Rec Center. You will meet a lot of musicians there. Several local bands have ben formed from people meeting at our club.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratcat View Post
I have posted here before to try and get some folks together to jam a bit but none of the replies seemed to get back to me through the site. So I am trying this again but using my own email as the contact channel. joyalgl.gj@gmail.com

I am a snowbird looking for some other classic rock lovers to jam a bit. I play guitar and do vocals. I cover Clapton to James Taylor ... Pink Floyd to the Beatles and everywhere in between. I do both acoustic or electric but have no PA down here. Also interested in setting up an acoustic classic rock duo (CSNY, Cat Stevens, etc)to gig during the winter months - preferably a guitar/vocalist but open to possibilities.
So shoot me an email rather than post on the thread and I will respond.
Cheers
Glenn
Hi there.

I'm a snow bird as well. I play guitar and also sing, but mostly country, folk, gospel. I would love to try out some new stuff if you're interested. I don't have a PA here either I'm afraid. Let me know what you think.

Diane

dianemacneil@yahoo.com
Closed Thread

Tags
email, rock, acoustic, classic, bit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.