Musician - Bass Player looking for a few others to play with.

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2021, 02:12 PM
Smile Musician - Bass Player looking for a few others to play with.

Looking for a fun classic rock band. Not necessarily itching to play out (but won't rule it out) unless you want to consider "driveway band" playing out. I have a bass guitar and smaller bass amp...12 inch woofer. I have always really loved playing. Working out the parts, getting it just right, getting the music tight with others in the band. I understand social distancing and mask wearing for those who may be concerned.

The facts: I'm 65 years old and recently purchased a house in the Villages (Village of Linden) close to Everglades Rec center. Right now, I will be a snowbird (December thru March 31st or so).

I've played music since I was 8 years old starting with piano and including bass guitar when I turned 15. Been in and out of multiple rock and roll bands over the last 50 years. Longest stint with one band was 10 years. Looking for mostly fun, maybe playing out occasionally...not a must. I like to learn to play songs well. I don't enjoy being sloppy. A little background vocals with an occasional lead are possible. Think "Comfortably Numb", "Twilight Zone".
Old 02-05-2021, 01:36 PM

hey Tom, When I'm visiting my folks in TV, we always go to the Savannah Center and watch Spankey's Spanglers (I believe they are called). They are a group of "musicians" who all play together with some singing; it is quite entertaining, I would recommend going. They are always looking for people to join in as well, so this may be worth looking into.

Hopefully, others will give more details about the musicians.

Clint from Freeport, Maine
Old 02-05-2021, 02:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cswett5234 View Post
hey Tom, When I'm visiting my folks in TV, we always go to the Savannah Center and watch Spankey's Spanglers (I believe they are called). They are a group of "musicians" who all play together with some singing; it is quite entertaining, I would recommend going. They are always looking for people to join in as well, so this may be worth looking into.

Hopefully, others will give more details about the musicians.

Clint from Freeport, Maine
Spankey's is a very large group that is more of the "Peg Of My Heart" genre. Not a lot of Pink Floyd songs in their playlists.
Old 02-06-2021, 05:09 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Spankey's is a very large group that is more of the "Peg Of My Heart" genre. Not a lot of Pink Floyd songs in their playlists.
Rustyp, thanks for that info. Pardon my ignorance but what is "Peg
Of My Heart"? Can't say I ever heard of that.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,277 Posts

Before the virus a huge number of musicians would gather Friday morning to play beatle songs. Called themselves Beatlemaniacs. Might want to contact them.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:41 PM
Veteran member
Default Peg o' My Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgeckenrode View Post
It's a song written in 1913 and about as "old fashioned" as you can get, if a very nice example of the songs of that era. My grandparents loved the song.

Peg O' My Heart (78 rpm Version) - YouTube
Old 02-07-2021, 07:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgeckenrode View Post
Ukulele Lulu's Performing "Peg O' My Heart" - YouTube
Old 04-01-2021, 08:21 AM
Default Looking to jam.

I am new to the Villages (snowbird). I am looking for other Musicians to jam with. I sing, play drums, guitar, or keyboards. I have played out all my adult life (weekends). Looking for Musicians to jam with. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?
Old 04-01-2021, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewcrick View Post
I am new to the Villages (snowbird). I am looking for other Musicians to jam with. I sing, play drums, guitar, or keyboards. I have played out all my adult life (weekends). Looking for Musicians to jam with. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?
Matthew, I will ask around. For the time being, I found a couple of guys through my original post. Would be nice to add keyboards/guitar and more vocals. Right now we have guitar, bass and drums and 2 of us sing. The thing is...I'm a snowbird too and we go home in 13 days. I'd love to talk.

Tags
years, band, bass, playing, play

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.