new band - Chasing Amy, liked them!

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2019, 01:49 PM
Default new band - Chasing Amy, liked them!

My goal is to see all the new bands (identified by 'NEW' in the weekly VCDD rec news or Daily Sun - not sure which one but I have the page of bands at each square for the month of Sept hanging on the refrig). Saw 'Chasing Amy' last nite at Spanish Springs and thought they were pretty good! Danceable songs, good crowd interaction by band, included some slow, couples songs along with regular mix. Hope the Villages Entertainment books more nites w/this band.

My husband & I moved here in April, and noticed more "new faces" at the square. Does this mean it's snowbird season?
Old 09-21-2019, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I didn't go last night, but another way of checking out the bands is videos on youtube. Most bands have been recorded and uploaded. Snowbird season starts now and kicks into high gear January 1st. My favorite band right now is the Hooligans. They will be at Brownwood on New Years Eve. Here's a video of them. They are also the Spazmatics, different look and music.

The Hooligans at Brownwood
Old 09-21-2019, 06:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I didn't go last night, but another way of checking out the bands is videos on youtube. Most bands have been recorded and uploaded. Snowbird season starts now and kicks into high gear January 1st. My favorite band right now is the Hooligans. They will be at Brownwood on New Years Eve. Here's a video of them. They are also the Spazmatics, different look and music.

The Hooligans at Brownwood
Totally agree, Hooligans is by far the best band in the current rotation. Unfortunately, most of the other good old rock and roll bands that used to play have been replaced by bands that play other types of music, especially if you want to call disco music. I really miss the band "He Said, She Said". Todd Fulcher from that band was by far the most talented musician I ever heard play in a town square at the Villages.
Closed Thread

Tags
band, bands, square, good, songs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.