The Nowhere Beatles Tribute Band Delivers

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Platinum member
Default The Nowhere Beatles Tribute Band Delivers

The Nowhere Beatles Tribute Band gave an outstanding performance tonight at the Savannah Center. Don't know if this was a one-day show but if not and if tickets are still available, it's worth seeing. They played dozens of Beatles hits as accurately as we could remember. Hope they bring them back again next year. Every now and again, Paul Vesco gets it right with his choice of entertainment.

George
Old 01-17-2012, 04:34 AM
Veteran member

Of the Tribute bands we have seen Nowhere Band ranks right up there for authenticity. I really liked that they spent a good part of the show on Beatles songs from 63 to 66.... the old favs. Wish the lead guitar was louder and the drums softer. Unfortunately only a one night gig or we would be back again tonight! Truly a fun experience.

If you ever get a chance to see RAIN: The Beatles Experience to so as they are the best tribute band we have ever seen. They incorporate footage of Ed Sullivan and Shea Stadium to round out a realistic experience.

Hope they come back again next year...front row for us!

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 01-17-2012, 05:40 AM
Platinum member

I've seen countless Beatle including the original Beatlemania on Broadway, Strawberry Field and Rain. The best I've seen was Twist and Shout and 1964-Tribute. The issue I had with Tribute was they only did songs up to 1964 (actually 1965 with a few Rubber Soul songs) Twist and Shout looked and sounded and acted so much like The Beatles and even did a few solo songs. PS: MY wife was one of those screaming girls at Shea Stadium. She saw the show twice.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
The Nowhere Beatles Tribute Band gave an outstanding performance tonight at the Savannah Center. Don't know if this was a one-day show but if not and if tickets are still available, it's worth seeing. They played dozens of Beatles hits as accurately as we could remember. Hope they bring them back again next year. Every now and again, Paul Vesco gets it right with his choice of entertainment.

George
I'm in a local band (all guys from The Villages),...we do British Invasion,..Beatles, Stones, etc. plus a lot of others, it's a lot of fun re-living stuff we grew up with....I consider myself lucky to be living in such "entertainment rich" surroundings...
Old 01-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Veteran member

The best Beatles tribute band I have seen, and I have attended Abbey Road on the River, is the Fab Four out of Los Angeles. Their Paul is right handed, but taught himself to play bass left handed! The Nowhere Band was surprisingly good. The vocals, especially Paul’s, were strong and sounded right. Sure, I wish the drums were toned down a bit and the Country Gent was properly amped, but that is just nit picking. They did the sound check minutes before the show.
It was good to see the seats full. I am still embarrassed for The Villages over the turnout for Felix Calaviere’s Rascals.

Last edited by Number 6; 01-19-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Sage

We went to the 8:30 show and thoroughly enjoyed it... you gotta admit, with the Beatles, a band has soooo much good material to work with. Not one or two familiar songs but dozens.

The show wasn't over til after 10:30 (they did take a 15 min intermission)...wonder if the early show ran that long...if so, didn't give the band much rest time between shows. Full house, well done!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
T
It was good to see the seats full. I am still embarrassed for The Villages over the turnout for Felix Calaviere’s Rascals.
I agree 200%. The turnout for Felix was an embarrassment for him and the Village People of this great community. And to think Bobby Goldsboro sold out two shows and Felix played in front of half empty shows.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Platinum member

And let us not forget The Lovin' Spoonful selling out performances... That is The Lovin' Spoonful...less John Sebastian. For those who see the Spoonful play in The Villages have not seen The Lovin' Spoonful. It is like seeing the Rolling Stones without Mick Jaggar. How on earth Felix didn't sell out is one of those unexplained mysteries.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Platinum member

Maybe I'm from another planet but Felix Calaviere’s Rascals didn't ring any bells with me. I googled Felix for his bio and still no recollection. Maybe that's why Felix didn't sell-out Savannah. I must have been too busy raising a family in the 80's to follow pop music.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
I must have been too busy raising a family in the 80's to follow pop music.
Felix's Young Rascals were from 1965 thru the late 60"s. Good Lovin', Grooving, A Girl Like You, People Got to Be Free, Lonely Too Long, A beautiful Morning and the best version of Mustang Sally I ever heard. I know Felix and his band were more popular on the East Coast but still...Felix and The Young rascals were voted into The Hall of Fame.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
And let us not forget The Lovin' Spoonful selling out performances... That is The Lovin' Spoonful...less John Sebastian. For those who see the Spoonful play in The Villages have not seen The Lovin' Spoonful. It is like seeing the Rolling Stones without Mick Jaggar. How on earth Felix didn't sell out is one of those unexplained mysteries.
Tom, I agree with you 200%. If you thought you saw the Spoonful at Katie Belle's or the Savannah Center, you were mistaken. Like the Mama's and Papa's said, "Sebastian and Zallie were the Spoonful".

The Rascals, my god, were big. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees!

Hey Tom, we are on the same page here!
Old 01-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I remember the Rascals when they were called the Young Rascals and they wore those school boy outfits on Ed Sullivan. I would of gone but I didn't move here until July, about a month too late.

I did go last night and really enjoyed the Beatles tribute, we will definitely go next time they are here. The early show also had a 15 minute break, it started at 6pm and ended at 7:45, so they had about a 45 minute break between shows.

I didn't mind the volume on the drums at all, in fact the drum solo in the dark with the lighted sticks was really cool. The only complaint was I thought the Paul singer's vocals were sometimes a little low or soft but he sounded a lot like Paul and so did the John Lennon player sound great. I thought the keyboard player really made the second half of the show stand out, it's hard to tell if some of those orchestra and sound effects were coming from the keyboard player or the mixing board in back but they really filled out the sound.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
and the best version of Mustang Sally I ever heard.
As well as Midnight Hour. Then there was Come On Up and Lovelights.
In reality, they're different!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:

George
One of the guys in our band went to that show and agreed, he said they gave a fine performance.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.