Other recreation with music

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2020, 10:19 PM
Veteran member
Default Other recreation with music

Does the Villages ever have karaoke with live bands? How about Name That Tune Bingo? Or Trivia dedicated to music?

I read on this forum that these kinds of activities take place once in a while, but I was wondering if any of these are scheduled on a regular basis in or around the Villages.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
Does the Villages ever have karaoke with live bands? How about Name That Tune Bingo? Or Trivia dedicated to music?

I read on this forum that these kinds of activities take place once in a while, but I was wondering if any of these are scheduled on a regular basis in or around the Villages.
You can get that information here:
VCDD Rec News
Old 03-06-2020, 10:07 AM
Thumbs up

The Village Rockers club is intended to be a collection of musicians, singers and spectators interested in rock and roll music of the 1950's, 60's and 70's.

Currently in the formative stage, it will be open to all Villagers who appreciate rock and roll music of this era.

During our weekly meeting, we will feature and perform songs from individuals, groups and bands that we listened to and loved. There will be a period of moderated discussion and we may even enjoy videos suggested or provided by club members.

Of course, we want singers, individually and in groups. We are planning to provide a simple PA system.

For further information, see https://thevillagerockers.com/
The Village Rockers is now forming. Stay "tuned" for further details about this new club for musicians, singers and spectators. Send us your name and email address. We will put you on our email list for news, updates, meeting times and playdates.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:21 AM
Platinum member

Now I can't seem to unsee a bunch of old codgers playing weaponized musical chairs.

Tags
music, villages, activities, place, wondering

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.