Public or private music jams?

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2022, 03:21 PM
Default Public or private music jams?

I am an intermediate guitar player and singer.(my kind friends say so)
I like to play and sing blues and popular songs from my younger days, the 60's and 70's.
I used to be in bands from bluegrass to rock, but I don't smoke, drink nor chew so I don't fit in ha ha. During my years of playing, I made hundreds of dollars. I no longer have any ambition for that! I just want to have a fun time.

Last year I went to McCalls blues jams weekly and had a lot of fun. I understand that the place has changed ownership. Do they still have the weekly blues jam there?
I also went to the acoustic jam at the Corkscrew Winery in Spanish Springs. Is that still on?

Ideally, I would like to hitch up with a few like minded musicians for a privately hosted weekly fun music session.
I will soon be living in the villages just south of Sumter landing.
I would also travel a short distance for any local clubs that have music jams.

I don't see any village clubs for this , except the beatlemaniacs (nice folks) and I can only guess why.
If it's been tried , it probably devolved into a "war of the amplifiers"!

thanks for any replies
Old 10-20-2022, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,938 Times in 5,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAndCurious View Post
I like to play and sing blues and popular songs from my younger days, the 60's and 70's.
I used to be in bands from bluegrass to rock, but I don't smoke, drink nor chew so I don't fit in ha ha. During my years of playing, I made hundreds of dollars. I no longer have any ambition for that! I just want to have a fun time.

Last year I went to McCalls blues jams weekly and had a lot of fun. I understand that the place has changed ownership. Do they still have the weekly blues jam there?
I also went to the acoustic jam at the Corkscrew Winery in Spanish Springs. Is that still on?

Ideally, I would like to hitch up with a few like minded musicians for a privately hosted weekly fun music session.

I don't see any village clubs for this , except the beatlemaniacs (nice folks) and I can only guess why.

thanks for any replies
Go to beatlemaniacs meeting and ask around, if anyone can help you they should be able to.
Old 10-20-2022, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Go look at the list of clubs in TV. There are more than a few drop in Bluegrass and Classic Rock jam groups...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-21-2022, 08:43 PM
Default Saw your post. Similar interests here. Text to 412-445-1283.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAndCurious View Post

thanks for any replies
We should talk. Similar music interests...genre???. I'm mostly country.
If interested text to 412-445-1283. I'm Bob.
Old 10-21-2022, 09:54 PM

We are a garage band named Rewind and we are seeking a Rhythm / Lead guitarist if you are interested in checking us out. We currently have a lead Vocalist, Rhythm guitar, Bass Guitar, keyboards and drummer but looking for 1 more member to round out our group. We recently lost our lead guitarist and picked up keyboards. Currently working on (2) 20 song sets, and our goal is to have fun playing music together. We will get to a point where we start playing some neighborhood street parties but that's about as big time as we want to get. We have a good sound and if you're interested in sitting in on a practice session or get more details, please contact me. Gary 352-272-4540
Closed Thread

Tags
fun, blues, weekly, jams, music

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.