R.I.P. Charlie Daniels

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2020, 08:38 AM

I saw Charlie Daniels live four times. He always put on a great show. First time was in the late 70's in Hartford CT with my dad, the girl across the street and her dad when he toured off of Million Mile Reflections which produced his #1 hit The Devil Went Down to Georgia.

The world of music will surely be different without him as he was a session guy for Marshal Tucker and others, had his own band, and mentored younger artists. Charlie's music was a wide ranging meadow from Southern Rock to Country to Bluegrass to Gospel.

Rest well sir, you were the best damn fiddle player anyone ever saw.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:56 AM

A National treasure.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:03 AM
Default 👍

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
I saw Charlie Daniels live four times. He always put on a great show. First time was in the late 70's in Hartford CT with my dad, the girl across the street and her dad when he toured off of Million Mile Reflections which produced his #1 hit The Devil Went Down to Georgia.

The world of music will surely be different without him as he was a session guy for Marshal Tucker and others, had his own band, and mentored younger artists. Charlie's music was a wide ranging meadow from Southern Rock to Country to Bluegrass to Gospel.

I was working at a pediatric care center in south Florida when I was 18 and got to meet CD and a bunch of guys from the MTB. They came in to say hi to all the kids and take some photos. They were promoting the “where we all belong” album(MTB)

Charlie Daniels and MTB were so nice to everyone. It’s something I’ll never forget.
I loved their music then and still do.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post

i did see him on Ct. once but it was long ago, & a bill of him & the marshall tucker band & the outlaws. excellent show to say the least.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Absolutely one of my favorites throughout my lifetime. We met one of his support staff secretaries at the Paradise Family Pool. She said he was as nice as we thought he was and a Patriot. R.I.P. YouTube
We met his secretary too. She was very nice and spoke highly of Charlie Daniels. It is a small world. Her son was the principal at the school where my niece went to school, at the time, outside of Nashville.

I met him after a concert in Johnson City, Tennessee, when I was a teenager. I wanted him to sign my cast and he said he'd sign my cast and "hug my neck." I'll never forget his kindness and his big stature.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:25 AM

They serve so that we can remain free.

Let 'em Win Or Bring 'em Home
The Village Rockers is now forming. Stay "tuned" for further details about this new club for musicians, singers and spectators. Send us your name and email address. We will put you on our email list for news, updates, meeting times and playdates.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:58 PM
Location: Just moved to the Village of Duval from Pompano Beach.
Default CD came to my little town in MA every year

Mr Daniels came to the "Indian Ranch" in Webster, MA every summer to put on such a wonderful show.
He was scheduled to come back this September.
I was always amused watching the man that stood behind him to replace the many broken bows Mr Daniels would need for every song. He never missed a beat!
He surely will be missed.
He was an amazing artist.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:15 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Rest In Peace. I never was a fan of his music, but he was bigger than life with country people.
Closed Thread

Tags
r.i.p, thought, nice, family, patriot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.