RIP David Crosby

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2023, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
So, you don't know the name of the obscure tv show either?
Try Google is so interested. The point of this thread was about David Crosby's music legacy and the passing of another icon who meant a lot to so many. I didn't necessarily agree with his politics or life choices but his music got me through many a good and bad time in my life.
Old 01-21-2023, 01:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,009 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterray1 View Post
No, but he did play a pirate in the Robin Williams/Dustin Hoffman Peter Pan movie Hook.
Quote:
So, you don't know the name of the obscure tv show either?
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterray1 View Post
Try Google is so interested. The point of this thread was about David Crosby's music legacy and the passing of another icon who meant a lot to so many. I didn't necessarily agree with his politics or life choices but his music got me through many a good and bad time in my life.
Because of your post about his bit part in a movie, I didn't think that his music legacy would be destroyed with the mention of his bit part in a tv show. After all, he condidered himself an actor as well as a musician. I didn't mean to step on your memories.
Old 01-21-2023, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Because of your post about his bit part in a movie, I didn't think that his music legacy would be destroyed with the mention of his bit part in a tv show. After all, he condidered himself an actor as well as a musician. I didn't mean to step on your memories.
Sorry for my negative response. Am still a bit broken about it all. A bit stupid I know but what can I say. Just another reminder of my own mortality that hit close to home.
Old 01-21-2023, 03:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
So sad that our generation of entertainers are passing. He was so talented.
Yes, only McGuinn & Hillman of the The Byrds original 5 are still alive today.

Last edited by tkret; 01-21-2023 at 03:27 PM. Reason: added "The Byrds"
Old 01-21-2023, 10:32 PM

Love his music. Grew up listening to it and to CSN&Y. Had a chance to work with him twice, in 2017 and 2018 and spent a couple of hours talking to him. So nice and down to earth. Amazing how many great songs he was a part of. May he rest in peace.
Closed Thread

Tags
crosby, david, entertainer, entire, rip

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.