ROCK MUSIC

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Default A simple solution

Haven't read all the posts on this thread, but here's a simple solution.
Keep the present music as it is until the 3rd town square opens. Play the crappy "new rock" exclusively at the 3rd square. The younger people will probably reside in the new area serviced by the 3rd square. A beneficial side effect will be that the local outside thuggery will also be attracted to that music. Am I starting to sound like a Geezer????
Old 12-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominick View Post
Haven't read all the posts on this thread, but here's a simple solution.
Keep the present music as it is until the 3rd town square opens. Play the crappy "new rock" exclusively at the 3rd square. The younger people will probably reside in the new area serviced by the 3rd square. A beneficial side effect will be that the local outside thuggery will also be attracted to that music. Am I starting to sound like a Geezer????

No just offensive...
Old 12-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABRMnLgs View Post
I once tried to make rock music. I got two medium sized rocks (didn't want it to loud) and rubbed them together. I got no music, just a grating sound, no wait, I guess that is kinda like "rock music" (very grating)!
Give me Glenn Miller or Artie Shaw anytime. And I'm not an oldster. I just appreciate real music that you cam dance to.

Jerry Jackson

And Duke, Ella, Frank, Benny, Basie, Louie etc etc etc
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Whew.... Lots of opinions [and tastes] here. Reading some of these posts, I feel like I'm listening to my parent again...:-) However, by 2015, there will be Rock 'n Roll in the squares, of the 60's and 70's variety. Looking forward to 2015!
Old 12-09-2009, 07:26 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
Whew.... Lots of opinions [and tastes] here. Reading some of these posts, I feel like I'm listening to my parent again...:-) However, by 2015, there will be Rock 'n Roll in the squares, of the 60's and 70's variety. Looking forward to 2015!
MEM - hopefully as TV gets more retirees that grew up around rock, we will get to see more of it. What I love is that there is room in TV for music of all kinds. I also love some big band tuff, traditional jazz, do-wop, etc. But classic rock is my favorite.

For now, the best in TV (for rock) imo is Sheperds' Pie - and they are at KBs Friday and Saturday of this week.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Veteran member

I about fell over when I heard the Boondock Saints play Sunshine Of Your Love by Cream at SS on Sunday evening. Now if they would only learn Stairway to Heaven and a few other "rock" tunes. There is always hope.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Location: south jersey, wyandotte Mi, north jersey, monmouth county nj
Default music

I also am in the early 60's and would love to hear and dance to the music from Woodstock!!!!! The greats were there.........and they live on everywhere but on the villages property!!! We need to recognize that the boomers are living here in droves.

Radio Host.....please read this and respond.
Thank you
Old 12-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Platinum member

I'm with you on this one!
The oldies get "old" real fast.
Wouldn't mind some Top 40 thrown in there too.
And how about some 80's?
Old 12-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Classic Rock rules! And as has been said, as more of us Boomers move here, the music will adapt.

Army Guy
Old 12-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Villager View Post
Sorry, not me! I'm only in my late 50's and I love the 50's, 60's music. We go to every show at the Savannah Center that Rocky and The Rollers have booked there.
I love all music and understand people liking the music played by Rocky & The Rollers I just wish there was a group that played it better than them.They're not very good!! Talk about fingernails on a chalkboard...geez!!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:49 PM

Love that late 60's and 70's rock. We will be moving to TV as quickly as the house sells. We hope to find some concerts around Florida like we have here in Houston called Arrowfest. We just attended one with Foreigner, Doobie Brothers, Foghat, Blue Oyster Cult, Eddie Money, Starship, and War. All day on a sunny hillside and into the night. And all for $14. Anybody know if this type of concert exists in Florida?
Old 12-10-2009, 06:54 AM
Platinum member
Default Rocky & The Rollers

Quote:
Originally Posted by collettemrk View Post
I love all music and understand people liking the music played by Rocky & The Rollers I just wish there was a group that played it better than them.They're not very good!! Talk about fingernails on a chalkboard...geez!!

To each his own but I know of no other group that draws the crowds of people that they do. And I'm not one of their groupies. It's just fact.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB View Post
To each his own but I know of no other group that draws the crowds of people that they do. And I'm not one of their groupies. It's just fact.
and I do like them....
Old 04-21-2010, 08:50 AM

I have followed this thread for quite some time and I am pleased to say that rock music lives in The Villages!! There is a band from Oxford called Ssnakeyez that has been appearing at Hacienda Hills CC and more recently at Urban Flatts. The lead guitar player is unbelievable and plays a version of Jimi Hendrick's Voodoo Chile so good you think Hendricks is in the house, including behind the head and back guitar playing! On Monday night at UF they played music from Bad Company, Allman Bros, Tom Petty, a ZZTop medley, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Clapton to name a few. And the place was packed and the dance floor so full they had to move tables to make more room. Although primarily a blues band, they are definately worth the time to go see. We are trying to bring them back to Urban Flatts. If you are interested you can find out where they are playing at their website - www.************/ssnakeyez. This is what we have been looking for!

OPBOB77
Old 04-21-2010, 08:51 AM

Oops! tThe website is at myspace

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.