ROCK MUSIC

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Default Re: ROCK MUSIC

bestmickey - I played Led Zep I and II for most of my college years in 1968 - 1972.. I may have mentioned I love british rock (The Who, Kinks, Beatles) so you can crank it up.. Have seen jimi a few times (esp since I was a nyc boy and had access to the East Villages Filmore East)...
Old 08-18-2007, 11:31 PM

You guys are scaring me! I inhaled, dropped a tab, saw the colors and the trails..... In other words, been there, bought the Shirt and STILL like soft music.. please tell me that there are others out there that like soft jazz, and the 50's oldies!
Old 08-19-2007, 09:37 AM

The music choices here are one of the very few disappointments. Although I enjoy all types of music and attend the squares regularly, my tastes really run to hard rock and blues, ie, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Van Halen, etc. So, I agree, more rock. As more boomers move here I think the music will change with it. I can't even listen to 640 radio. I mean, that's the music of my parents!
Old 08-19-2007, 06:28 PM

darby/opbob/osh - dont worry... hopefully when I get there the Squares will be revisiting Woodstock!!! The thing that pleases me is when I visited TV last April, I was tapping my feet to all the different kinds of music I heard in the Squares... it's a beautiful thing!
Old 08-19-2007, 06:32 PM

AHHHHHHHHH WOODSTOCK.......!!!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 06:38 PM

darby - was there in '69 as a sophmore in college, only to go with my 2 son's (17 at the time (twins)) to Woodstock II in '94(?)... a gluton for punishment (and some good music and mud fights).
Old 08-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by opbob77
The music choices here are one of the very few disappointments. Although I enjoy all types of music and attend the squares regularly, my tastes really run to hard rock and blues, ie, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Van Halen, etc. So, I agree, more rock. As more boomers move here I think the music will change with it. I can't even listen to 640 radio. I mean, that's the music of my parents!
The statistic I read is that the average age in the Villages is 66. That means growing up in the 50s and 60s. Seems the music in the Squares and on the radio is age appropriate. My first visit to TV .. I thought "Great, I'll never have to listen to Rap again".
Old 08-19-2007, 07:09 PM

Looks like you rock music lovers have been heard loud and clear. Did anyone read the Daily Sun this week where the Rec Dept is aware of the changing music taste and intend to bring in different music? Guess there is room for everyone and with two soon to be three squares there are plenty of nights to switch up the music.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:10 PM

Were on the road to Woodstock when the VW bus broke down and my friends and I had to hitchhike back home. I'm still traumatized!!!!! boooooohooooooo :'(

But I got over it...Tiedyed something, went back to the commune and smoked some righteous something or other....
Old 08-19-2007, 07:39 PM

We're planning to move to TV this year and I'm glad to hear that there are some people who like to hear a variety of music. I just turned 54 and was concerned that I'd get tired of hearing 50s and 60s music all the time. I love all types of music, except most rap. I love to dance and look forward to going to the squares at night.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:16 PM

USED TO SMOKE????? ME TOO; I'M VERY 'USED'TO IT.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:54 AM

RAP!!!!!! That's the last three letters of "CRAP"!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 09:29 PM

'Genesis' is passing thru Buffalo this Saturday..... original lineup with Phil Collins (no Peter Gabriel).. will be there after a few pints of Guiness at the local Irish Pub next to the 'bank' (HSBC Arena).. I'll see if they wanna come down to Sumter in a few years!
Old 09-06-2007, 02:12 AM
Platinum member

Wolf Man Jack era. Loved that guy. Was returning home on i-state with top down last night. 90 minute ride with ZZ Tops Greatest Hits blasting. Now if I could just throw Free Bird in there. I don't remember Joplin or Hendrix. heh heh

Steve
Old 09-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Veteran member

Sorry, I know this is a topic change (I'll take 30 lashes). But, I think this may be the best thread to ask the question.

Anyone know where I can get my golf cart a tie-dye paint job (that is, when I get to TV in '08)? ;D
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.