Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2014, 06:59 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Rock And Roll With A Purpose

Devil With A Blue Dress /Good Golly Miss Molly

Rock And Roll With A Purpose 3 - YouTube
Old 09-20-2014, 07:15 AM
Gold member

Why aren't these guys ever booked to play in the squares? Awesome!

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 09-20-2014, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I am the drummer in this video, but I am a temp as their regular drummer is a snowbird.

RARWAP is a new band. This was their debut performance.

Their goals are to play a few charity events per year. Most of the members are not interested in playing for money and turning their hobby into a job.

Because they are new, their repertoire is still very small. They have a lot more songs then we did Friday, but they all far from being ready to perform. We worked exclusively on the fifteen songs that we did Friday for several weeks to get them ready and there were still a few glitches.

Now, they are going to have to bring their regular drummer up to speed.

There is a chance that some of these guys are interested in playing out a bit more might be form a smaller groupto play out. But I can't say for sure that will happen. In fact Wayne Beal, one of the lead singers will be playing the squares in the future with a new band called The Real Deal.

I don't know how many more are interested in doing that kind of thing. As for me, I was grateful for the opportunity to play drums which I rarely play these days. I tend to focus more of playing guitar and singing with The Beatlemaniacs. I do play drums with Vinyl Recall, but we rehearse once a week and play out only a few times per month.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.