Song Of The Day, from the 50's, 60's, 70's

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2020, 10:20 AM
Default Song Of The Day, from the 50's, 60's, 70's

Added two new pages to https://thevillagerockers.com/

The Young Rascals https://thevillagerockers.com/the-rascals/

and

Song Of The Day https://thevillagerockers.com/song-of-the-day/

View the first Youtube video linked on "The Rascals" page. I have two interesting and personal stories about the band and Stevie Van Zandt. But, I will save them for one of our first meetings.

And, "Song Of The Day" will allow you to show us your favorite song. Use the "Submit A Song" page.

Today's song is my pick for 1967, "How Can I Be Sure". I saw The Rascals perform this song, twice, both times at the UNC Chapel Hill, Carmichael Auditorium. The song captivated my imagination and has stayed with me for 53 years.
The Village Rockers is now forming. Stay "tuned" for further details about this new club for musicians, singers and spectators. Send us your name and email address. We will put you on our email list for news, updates, meeting times and playdates.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:51 AM

04-20-2020 Light My Fire, The Doors
The Village Rockers is now forming. Stay "tuned" for further details about this new club for musicians, singers and spectators. Send us your name and email address. We will put you on our email list for news, updates, meeting times and playdates.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:54 AM
Veteran member

Great Song!
Old 04-20-2020, 12:37 PM

Added Jimi Hendrix and The Doobie Brothers to the Songs page.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:59 PM
Veteran member

Hey Rocknroller, did you get the green light from TV Rec yet? I'm looking forward to your group.

And yeah that was something when all four original Rascals reunited recently. But they didn't tour so I didn't get to see them. Darn it all! Loved their album Once Upon a Dream. Saw Felix solo a few years ago. Great show but he did confess he wanted to retire. Can't blame our heros for wanting to pack it in. It is a job after all.
Old 04-20-2020, 03:19 PM

"Hey Rocknroller, did you get the green light from TV Rec yet? I'm looking forward to your group. "

No, and I have noticed that there have not been any new clubs displayed on the inside front cover of the weekly Rec News supplement for some weeks.

Thanks for asking, I will call the Rec Dept tomorrow.
Old 04-21-2020, 05:52 AM

04-21-2020 Love Will Keep Us Together, Captain & Tennille (yuk, yuk, after all, this is The Villages)
Old 04-22-2020, 06:51 AM

04-22-2020 Layla, Eric Clapton at Live Aid

Who is the most recognizable drummer?
Old 04-22-2020, 08:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandroller View Post
04-22-2020 Layla, Eric Clapton at Live Aid

Who is the most recognizable drummer?
Do you mean on this video? That would be Phil. If you mean in general, I'd have to say Ringo. But I might be a tad biased.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
Do you mean on this video? That would be Phil.
Yes, LpW, that is Phil Collins, you win the vaulted, and much admired, cardboard record, to be presented at our first meeting.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:11 PM

04-23-2020 Why Has Love Got To Be So Sad, Eric Clapton with The Allman Brothers Band
Old 04-22-2020, 10:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandroller View Post
Yes, LpW, that is Phil Collins, you win the vaulted, and much admired, cardboard record, to be presented at our first meeting.
Huh? Just curious - you think most people wouldn't be able to recognize him? Maybe I'm biased there, too, having been a huge Genesis fan for a large part of my life, but I thought he pretty much became a household name when he went the mainstream pop route in his solo career and became at least as recognizable as say Billy Joel or Rod Stewart, no?

Thanks for the cardboard, btw.
Old 04-22-2020, 11:05 PM
Veteran member

OK, my turn. I'd like to post a "Song of the Day". One of my favorites of all time: Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Cortez the Killer ( live 1991 ) HD - YouTube
Old 04-23-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
OK, my turn. I'd like to post a "Song of the Day". One of my favorites of all time: Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Cortez the Killer ( live 1991 ) HD - YouTube
Thanks, added it here https://thevillagerockers.com/songs-submitted/
Old 04-24-2020, 08:07 AM

“Cold Sweat” (1968), James Brown and Clyde Stubblefield
Closed Thread

Tags
song, rascals, day, page, submit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.