Song Of The Day, from the 50's, 60's, 70's

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2020, 06:00 AM

04-27-20 When I'm Sixty Four, The Beatles
The Village Rockers is now forming. Stay "tuned" for further details about this new club for musicians, singers and spectators. Send us your name and email address. We will put you on our email list for news, updates, meeting times and playdates.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:11 AM

04-28-20 Rock 'n' Roll Music, Chuck Berry
The Village Rockers is now forming. Stay "tuned" for further details about this new club for musicians, singers and spectators. Send us your name and email address. We will put you on our email list for news, updates, meeting times and playdates.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:57 AM

04-29-20 Hey Joe, Jimi Hendrix
Old 04-30-2020, 06:11 AM

04-30-20 Just Got Paid, ZZ Top
Old 04-30-2020, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Here's a suggestion. Instead of a whole decade which can span from doo whop to psychedelic. Maybe use a theme, I remember songs by the year and what I was doing. In '69 I had a summer job working on the boardwalk in Ocean City Maryland cooking on the grill making steak subs. We were open until 3am and we had a juke box right in front and it played non-stop. The summer of '69 I can remember the start of so many great bands. Whenever I hear one of these songs, I think back to what I was doing.

Credence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising

The Guess Who - These Eyes

Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel

Three Dog Night - One

Zager & Evans - In the Year 2525

The Doors - Touch Me

Donovan - Atlantis

Crazy Elephant - Gimme Gimme Good Lovin'

The Beatles - Get Back

The Cowsills - Hair

The Youngbloods - Get Together

Elvis - Suspicious Minds

...and so many more
Old 04-30-2020, 08:20 AM
Veteran member

Ah, the summer of 1969. Besides lamenting my parents wouldn’t let me go to Woodstock, I would’ve been listening to Beggars banquet, Axis bold as Love, vanilla fudge’s Beat Goes on, and lots of Doors , Jefferson airplane and Moody blues. And Beatles of course. After 1968 or so, I lost interest in “hit singles” and always wanted to dig deeper where the really good stuff was. WBCN in Boston helped in that regard.

Last edited by LiverpoolWalrus; 04-30-2020 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
Ah, the summer of 1969. Besides lamenting my parents wouldn’t let me go to Woodstock, I would’ve been listening to Beggars banquet, Axis bold as Love, vanilla fudge’s Beat Goes on, and lots of Doors , Jefferson airplane and Moody blues. And Beatles of course. After 1968 or so, I lost interest in “hit singles” and always wanted to dig deeper. WBCN in Boston helped in that regard.
I was only in Ocean City in '69 for four months, but we had no TV stations, Baltimore and DC were 150 miles away. No cable and one radio station. I never knew Woodstock happened until months later. I hadn't bought singles since the Castaways Liar Liar when I was about 15. I was only suggesting a way of grouping singles into a more memorable way because the OP posts pertain to singles or hits of the days.

I had 4,000 albums when I moved to TV in 2011. I sold or gave them all away. When DVD's got popular in 2003 I started collecting concerts DVD's and I got up to about 350 of them. Then in 2012 I bought my first smart TV and paired it with youtube.

Now I have over 6,500 live concert videos saved into 45 music files on youtube. Every week I go in and find more new ones, and every Friday night my wife and me watch live music concerts for about 3 hours. I use different themes for the files and now with a 75" TV and a 5.1 Sony amp and my speakers, it's like alive concert at home every week.

Here's a link to my youtube library, scroll down to 'playlists' and then click on show more.

- YouTube

Last edited by John_W; 04-30-2020 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-30-2020, 11:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I was only in Ocean City in '69 for four months, but we had no TV stations, Baltimore and DC were 150 miles away. No cable and one radio station. I never knew Woodstock happened until months later. I hadn't bought singles since the Castaways Liar Liar when I was about 15. I was only suggesting a way of grouping singles into a more memorable way because the OP posts pertain to singles or hits of the days.

I had 4,000 albums when I moved to TV in 2011. I sold or gave them all away. When DVD's got popular in 2003 I started collecting concerts DVD's and I got up to about 350 of them. Then in 2012 I bought my first smart TV and paired it with youtube.

Now I have over 6,500 live concert videos saved into 45 music files on youtube. Every week I go in and find more new ones, and every Friday night my wife and me watch live music concerts for about 3 hours. I use different themes for the files and now with a 75" TV and a 5.1 Sony amp and my speakers, it's like alive concert at home every week.

Here's a link to my youtube library, scroll down to 'playlists' and then click on show more.

- YouTube
"Playlists" is not a live link for me. Couldn't see anything. John, are you the one who used to have a Heath Ledger Joker image? If so, you're the one that recommended the Spazmatics so I checked them out. Thought they were great, but still pandering to the lowest common denominator. That's alright, I have to expect that in TV. They did surprisingly pull out T.Rex's 20th Century Boy, so I now count myself as a fan.
Old 04-30-2020, 12:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
"Playlists" is not a live link for me. Couldn't see anything. John, are you the one who used to have a Heath Ledger Joker image? If so, you're the one that recommended the Spazmatics so I checked them out. Thought they were great, but still pandering to the lowest common denominator. That's alright, I have to expect that in TV. They did surprisingly pull out T.Rex's 20th Century Boy, so I now count myself as a fan.
Yes, I use to use the Joker avatar. Maybe you have to login with youtube to see selections and accounts. It's not hard to do because google bought youtube and actually if you're using Chrome, you're sort of logged in already. Just sign and log in with google, or worse case, make an account.

To me it's well worth it, there are thousands of dollars in DVD's that are now free, anyone can download just about any music video. Also a lot of concert video shot by fans that isn't available nowhere. Once in awhile they'll get blocked, usually by the label. I found it's very hard to find live Eagles or Don Henley for instance. There is some Japanese Laser video available on Henley and since his label didn't own that, they couldn't block it. There more than enough video to keep someone busy. As far as the squares, it's all top 40 radio.
Old 05-01-2020, 05:47 AM

05-01-20 Only The Strong Survive, Jerry Butler

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Only_the_Strong_Survive
Old 05-01-2020, 05:34 PM
Default Songs Of The Day, Evening Edition

A music teacher's song about her feelings during this pandemic.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:53 AM

05-02-20 Pinball Wizard, The Who
Old 05-02-2020, 09:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandroller View Post
Yeah, Pinball Wizard was good the first thousand times I heard it, but I've always been partial to We're Not Gonna Take it from that album.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:50 AM

05-03-20 Dust in the Wind, Kansas
Old 05-04-2020, 05:54 AM

05-04-20 Try A Little Tenderness, Live 1967, Otis Redding
Closed Thread

Tags
song, rascals, day, page, submit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.