Temptations Review

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2018, 04:36 PM
Default Temptations Review

We have tickets for the Temptations Review Jan. 17. Two different people told us they saw them last year, and they were awful. I know that I can exchange my tickets for a different concert if need be. Has anyone else seen this group, and did you feel positively or negatively about them? My husband loves their music, and I hate to change if only a couple of people were disenchanted last year. Thank you
Old 01-08-2018, 06:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

We don't know if this group is the same as the group that was here before. I was at the show when the Sharon opened and that group of Temptations was awful IMO).....so is this the same Temps that were here last time? That group had an original member but we weren't sure if he would survive the show.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-08-2018, 06:56 PM

Thank you. I will call the box office tomorrow to see if it’s the same group. I will definitely change tickets if it is. I appreciate your honesty.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Temptations Review has the same lead singer that was at the show I saw at The Sharon. Some groups bring their own sound set up and this must have been the case. The sound was terrible, especially during the songs from their late 60's psychedelia period when they abandoned the Motown sound.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2018, 10:18 AM
Gold member

I think their only the Temptations by name. I don't think any are left that were original members of the group. You try and exchange the tickets. We have tickets to see Gary Puckett and The Union Gap on February 26th. It's going to be a good show!
Old 01-18-2018, 09:26 AM
Veteran member
Default great show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Temptations Review has the same lead singer that was at the show I saw at The Sharon. Some groups bring their own sound set up and this must have been the case. The sound was terrible, especially during the songs from their late 60's psychedelia period when they abandoned the Motown sound.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

just for info: went to the temptations show last night.. Nate Evans the lead singer who did at one time sing with the temptations did a great job, I'm not sure of his age.. but the man can still sing... they had a great band behind them also ... i read earlier posts and just thought I'd let all know...ps we went to a show at The Sharon about a year ago I cant remember who it was but the SOUND WAS HORRIBLE .... so it might be the venue and not the group
Old 01-18-2018, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
just for info: went to the temptations show last night.. Nate Evans the lead singer who did at one time sing with the temptations did a great job, I'm not sure of his age.. but the man can still sing... they had a great band behind them also ... i read earlier posts and just thought I'd let all know...ps we went to a show at The Sharon about a year ago I cant remember who it was but the SOUND WAS HORRIBLE .... so it might be the venue and not the group
Been to few shows at The Sharon from Tommy Dorsey to Styx and the sound was great. It was just the previous Tempations show that lacked.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Anytime you wonder about a live upcoming show, just go to Youtube.com and type in the group or artist and the words 'live' and the current year. Here' the Temps live in Baltimore four nights ago, I would gone after seeing this video.

Live FEBRUARY 14TH, 2018 in #BALTIMORE @the LYRIC , WHISPERS AND THE TEMPTATIONS - YouTube

Here's Gary Puckett live this year, still sounds good.

Gary Puckett 2018 Live Reel - YouTube

I went last week and saw Classic Rock Albums do a Pink Floyd Show at the Savannah, watched the video first so I knew what to expect.
Closed Thread

Tags
year, temptations, review, people, tickets

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.