Tom Finn RIP

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2020, 02:23 PM
Default Tom Finn RIP

The last surviving member of the Left Banke, Tom Finn, died over the weekend. The group's most famous song was about Tom's girlfriend, Renee. The entire group died in the past five years, all in their 60's and early 70's. Thank goodness their music lives on!
Old 06-29-2020, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiserbud47 View Post
The last surviving member of the Left Banke, Tom Finn, died over the weekend. The group's most famous song was about Tom's girlfriend, Renee. The entire group died in the past five years, all in their 60's and early 70's. Thank goodness their music lives on!
They had been playing live in 2012 and 2013, mostly in NY area but without lead singer Steve Caro, instead with Michael Fornatale, who I thought sounded pretty good. This photo is from their final show June 2013.

The Villages Florida

In 2018 Steve Caro came back from Florida and did some rehearsing with the band and planned to do some tour dates, but then band leader and drummer George Cameron died, so that was scratched. After I read that Tom Finn was the last surviving member, I just found out that lead singer Steve Caro died in January.

Here they are at BB King's place in NYC in 2012 with Fornatale singing.

The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee (live) - YouTube
Closed Thread

Tags
tom, died, finn, goodness, 70s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.