We are the world

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2020, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts
Default We are the world

I was playing "We are the world" on my keyboard this morning and I could not remember the words. So I open good old reliable Youtube and found the attached. Seeing all these great artists it hit me I am truly a senior now - my mind does not want to believe that. Then I really listened to the words and ----well not often do I choke up but:

U.S.A. For Africa - We Are the World (Official Video) - YouTube
Old 03-26-2020, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Thanks rustyp. I know what you meant in your post.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

What I like about that era was the concert Live Aid from July 13, 1985. I actually remember the date and it was back when MTV was important as a network and part of our lives, I was 35 then.

I can remember getting up early because it started in England first at the old Wembley Stadium. I had my VCR ready to go and plenty of tapes. For the shows in the UK were better, maybe because by the time they got to Philly the excitement had worn off. Phil Collins played both sides by using the Concorde jet, which was big deal and he a pretty good career going at the time. England had U2 who were the biggest then, along with Queen, David Bowie, Dire Straits, Sting, and even bands like Paul Young, Ultravox and Status Quo were great.

At Philly we had the Cars, Hall & Oates, Madonna, the Beach Boys, but the big event was suppose to be Led Zeppelin, they had them but only Plant & Page, John Paul Jones they sort of left out for a few years, maybe a money grab by the other two. Mick Jagger was paired with Tina Turner, I thought that came across lame. Anyway, it was great overall.

I was happy in early 2000's when they came out with a 4 DVD set and I bought that right away. I believe it's out of print now, and like most things you can see all the performances for free on youtube.

The Villages Florida
Old 03-26-2020, 11:02 AM

This video show the entire Queen Live Aid performance. Excerpts were used in the making of Bohemian Rhapsody.

I've watched the entire video several times, full volume with ear buds, it always chokes me up.
The Village Rockers is now forming. Stay "tuned" for further details about this new club for musicians, singers and spectators. Send us your name and email address. We will put you on our email list for news, updates, meeting times and playdates.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I was playing "We are the world" on my keyboard this morning and I could not remember the words. So I open good old reliable Youtube and found the attached. Seeing all these great artists it hit me I am truly a senior now - my mind does not want to believe that. Then I really listened to the words and ----well not often do I choke up but:

U.S.A. For Africa - We Are the World (Official Video) - YouTube
So many memories attached to that song/video.

I know we all think our generation had the best music and artists, but dang I wish that kind of talent was with us today.

And yeah, seeing this reminds us of how old we're getting. Seeing Kenny Rogers on that video and having had him just die at the age of 81 just drives it home a little harder.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Closed Thread

Tags
world, words, mind, senior, listened

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.