What To Do With LPs?

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2017, 04:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

In the future, if anyone has a nice collection to sell or is wanting to add to their collection. St. Petersburg has at least ten good record stores, the largest is Bananas Music. They have two buildings, one is a warehouse with over 3 million albums and you can look up online what's available.

Who is Bananas Music

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

They also have an 11,000 square foot retail store next to the world famous Mazzaro's Italian Market on 22nd Avenue and 29th Street North in St. Pete.

The Villages Florida

Mazzaro's Italian Market

The Villages Florida
Old 05-10-2017, 07:08 AM

I'm a big time record collector with over 2,000 albums in my collection, mostly 70s and 80s rock. For those local people who are looking for albums you can visit the antique malls in Wildwood and the one on 44, they both have a few booths with records.

Bananas music in St. Petersburg is fantastic! they call themselves the biggest record store in the world and I believe them! They actually have two separate buildings, that is how many records they have.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Someone that does skeet shooting could use them! They wouldn't have to buy them clay pigeons! Sorry. Couldn't resist myself. : )

Just to let folks that still have Vinyl Records know, 10 days ago, I sold my Vinyl Collection for $85,000. That's not a misprint! I still have several thousand LP's & 45's at home that I just couldn't part with.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:43 PM
Platinum member
Default Vinyl Records Returning

It was on the news just last week that vinyl records are being produced again. It was even showing how they are made. Might want to hang on to yours.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 07-19-2017, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
It was on the news just last week that vinyl records are being produced again. It was even showing how they are made. Might want to hang on to yours.
Go to Barnes & Nobles and the music room in the back. They use to have a few dozen vinyl albums located around the store, but now they moved out some of the CD's and have them all in one place. Probably about 500 in stock, however they are asking about $25 to $40 a piece for new records.

I had 4,000 albums in 2011 and sold about 500 through yard sales and 300 to a FYE store and threw away the rest. After selling records and CD's for 30 years through my store and then online website (Buccaneer Records), and having packed over 100,000 orders, I was too worn out (or retired) to sell anymore. Even though eBay is a great place to sell, it's takes time, knowledge and will become a fulltime job if you're not careful. Also, postage has gotten much more expensive, mailers are not cheap, and if you're not careful, unlike CD's that will fit in a mailbox, albums are many times left on a porch or inside a hot storm door and become warped.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,126 Times in 2,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyched3 View Post
Just to let folks that still have Vinyl Records know, 10 days ago, I sold my Vinyl Collection for $85,000. That's not a misprint! I still have several thousand LP's & 45's at home that I just couldn't part with.
Just out of curiosity could you let me know where you were able to do this, I would love to get a few hundred for all of the 78's and LPs I have.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyched3 View Post
You didn't give the 'who, what or where' that is usually required when making statements on a message board. If I were to guess, you were a DJ and had about 30,000 records, many were 45's which are perfect for a juke box, and others were rare releases that only radio stations would receive. Some were even the radio shows that came on vinyl, such as Jim Ladd and others. That's my guess because you didn't provide any facts.
Closed Thread

Tags
lps, flea, market, vendors, buy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.