What is your favorite "live" music performance of all time?

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2020, 01:20 AM

Hands down. Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band. Seen them 5 times. 5 best concerts I've ever seen.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:30 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I have been blessed to see several that I thought were great. I saw Neil Diamond at Griffith park the night he did the "Hot August Night" debut. I am sure the actually album was recorded in a studio but was released that night at the live show.

I saw the Everley Brothers when they were passed there prime and they were the opening act for an Alabama concert. They stole the show they were so good. The piano player was playing laying on the floor reaching over his head backward, then from laying on top of the piano and reaching down facing the ceiling. Not sure how that was possible but he did it.

Others that were great, Chris Issac Griffith Park, Reba MaCentire the night her band left the concert and she stayed behind because her baby was ill and their plane crashed into a mountain leaving San Diago.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
I have been blessed to see several that I thought were great. I saw Neil Diamond at Griffith park the night he did the "Hot August Night" debut. I am sure the actually album was recorded in a studio but was released that night at the live show.
I wish I was there.

Brother Love's Travelling Salvation Show (Live-1976) (HD)

Neil Diamond live, 1976, "Holly Holy"

Neil Diamond live in 1976, "I Am. . . I Said"
Old 04-19-2020, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,016 Times in 1,010 Posts

forgot to mention Moody Blues with the symphony @ tanglewood, in Mass.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:35 AM
Veteran member

I may be old but...https://tinyurl.com/yayl4wwp
Old 04-22-2020, 04:15 PM

Warren Zevon, Grand Funk Railroad, Springsteen and the boys back at the old Garden, Frampton at the Cape Cod Coliseum, Diana Ross on Boston Commons, Cars at the Rat are some that still stick out, far too many to remember. Really wish I had learned to save my ticket stubs
Old 04-22-2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
forgot to mention Moody Blues with the symphony @ tanglewood, in Mass.
That was the first show I ever saw out there, wish it was closer to Boston, love it!
Old 04-23-2020, 06:54 AM
Veteran member

I was at the second show at the Pontiac Silverdome in Michigan for Pink Floyd's Division Bell tour. I was on the floor about 20 rows off the stage and it was incredible. The loudest music (or perhaps the loudest sound) I have ever heard combined with the best light show I've ever watched combined with truly great music, including the first live performance of the complete Dark Side of the Moon they'd done since 1975. They eventually released a DVD of performances from that tour called "Pulse". Recently, they released a box set ("The Later Years") that includes a Blu-ray of a "restored and re-edited" version of the concert. There's a link below for the YouTube copy of it, but you really, really want to watch and listen to it on a decent surround-sound system capable of pretty high volume.

Pink Floyd Pulse
Old 04-23-2020, 12:00 PM
Default Hearing Aides

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
I was at the second show at the Pontiac Silverdome in Michigan for Pink Floyd's Division Bell tour. I was on the floor about 20 rows off the stage and it was incredible. The loudest music (or perhaps the loudest sound) I have ever heard combined with the best light show I've ever watched combined with truly great music, including the first live performance of the complete Dark Side of the Moon they'd done since 1975. They eventually released a DVD of performances from that tour called "Pulse". Recently, they released a box set ("The Later Years") that includes a Blu-ray of a "restored and re-edited" version of the concert. There's a link below for the YouTube copy of it, but you really, really want to watch and listen to it on a decent surround-sound system capable of pretty high volume.

Pink Floyd Pulse
My insane passion for Pink Floyd at maximum decibel levels is most likely the reason I now have hearing aides. I remember everybody telling me I was ruining my hearing, lol.......
Closed Thread

Tags
music, favorite, live, performance, forum

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.