Yesterdayz

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2014, 08:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Yesterdayz

Saw this band in Spanish Springs tonight. Best band I've seen there since I've been here.

The girl singing with them has an awesome voice.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:19 AM
Sage

Dr B ... I agree...they are my new favorite band in The Villages. Great music sound, good vocals, and outstanding song selection.

I only wish they came through more often.... seems they only get one or two dates a month.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I first saw them in 2011 and talked to them as to why they don't play here more. One fellow lives in St. Petersburg and the others I believe in Tampa area, so that's a good ride, especially if you might get rained out. Also, I believe the woman singer runs a animal rescue operation and has to get back every night, so that precludes staying in a local motel.

When I first saw them a couple of years ago they played much more psych-rock, like their shirts. Jefferson Airplane, Santana, etc., but I've noticed since they are playing a little more mainstream hits then they use to. Maybe they feel the crowd here is not as receptive to heavier rock. I'm a big fan, but prefer Uncle Bob's Rock Shop as my favorite here in The Villages.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:50 AM
Sage

Thanks for posting tis info as I would enjoy the good singer, I have to make it a point to go go see them, as I don't really go the squares much.

However, I am going tonight, to see Suzie Casta at SS, as she usually sings at Katie Belle's, and you can't beat the price.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-27-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Saw this band in Spanish Springs tonight. Best band I've seen there since I've been here.

What is the name of the band for future reference?
Old 03-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

They are a good band. Ellen and I really enjoyed listening to them and being with great company. It was our first time hanging out in the squares.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpirate View Post
The title of the thread, except spelled Yesterdayze, here's a link to their website HOME

The Villages Florida
Old 03-28-2014, 09:53 AM

Thanks for the information.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpirate View Post
I'm sorry. I used it as the name of the post and didn't mention it within the post.

The name of the band is Yesterdayz.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:53 PM
Default I Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post

Haven't seen them live. I looked over their website and watched the video. They are the real deal...all good players with years of experience, great songlist. My kind of band!

Been to TV on 5 previous visits but haven't had time to see many bands. Really like Uncle Bob's though and The Sugar Bear Band is a good one too.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by '69Ludwigs View Post
Haven't seen them live. I looked over their website and watched the video. They are the real deal...all good players with years of experience, great songlist. My kind of band!

Been to TV on 5 previous visits but haven't had time to see many bands. Really like Uncle Bob's though and The Sugar Bear Band is a good one too.
Love your '69 Luwigs. Here's a photo of my brother playing my '65/'66 Ludwigs.

The Villages Florida

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.