AGT winner

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2020, 07:08 AM

He is good at his craft and people get attached to vulnerability, openness, tragedy & overcomers. Surely there were more deserving. The good thing is non-winners get recognition & stardom. I thought producer/director were brilliant in setting up a home audience. I agree the show's name needs to be changed to something like World Talent competition. I also agree I'm disappointed finding out the winner when I planned to watch DVR recording tonight. I'll still watch cuz of the famous talent performing, especially Usher.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulajr View Post
Thanks for ruining it for me....guess I’ll erase all my recordings now....sheesh
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnesd View Post
Darn! You didn't say spoiler alert. I'm wathcing the semi-finals now.
Uh. The name of the thread is "AGT Winner".
Old 09-25-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
Did anyone watch America's Got Talent final last night. Is it just me or did I miss something when the winner was a poet? Seriously! I bet everyone will be running to see him at his Las Vegas show. One other point, why do they call the show "America's Got Talent" when none of the judges are American and many of the contestants are not from the USA? Just my opinion.

"I never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong."
You expressed my exact words....we won’t be viewing it next season....
Old 09-25-2020, 07:34 AM

I am glad I did not watch the finals. Just checked on the Internet to see who won. I hadn’t thought about the judges, but you are right—they are all from other countries.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:49 AM
Default Love This Show

Quote:
Did anyone watch America's Got Talent final last night. Is it just me or did I miss something when the winner was a poet? Seriously! I bet everyone will be running to see him at his Las Vegas show. One other point, why do they call the show "America's Got Talent" when none of the judges are American and many of the contestants are not from the USA? Just my opinion.

This is one of the best ‘Entertainment’ shows on TV...a chance for anyone to appear and share their talent! Love the fact that a storyteller won in a new category! Many of these entertainers will have their lives changed and continue to share their gifts that can be uplifting news!
Old 09-25-2020, 07:50 AM
Veteran member

So glad I missed it. Poetry writing takes talent, but so does doily crocheting. I think both are very personal activities.
BTW ... do you really think that all those phone in "votes" actually are counted? It's all pre determined by the producers of the show. And that's what it is ... a show.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

When and who was the last headline poetry reader/actor to play LV?

Poetry reading/acting a Las Vegas headliner. Not in my opinion.

AGT.....this year was just bad because of pandemic restrictions.
Also far too many singers and not enough variety.

I would be interested in seeing the actual vote tally for the finals.

I just don't get that poetry based "entertainment" has that much of a following/impact.

IMHO!
Old 09-25-2020, 08:30 AM
Veteran member
Default Agt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
why not a poet?

among my favorite pieces of literature are Robert Frost's "The Road Not Taken" and John McCrae's "In Flanders Field". JFK thought enough of poets that he invited Frost to write and deliver a poem at his inauguration.

my guess the show is called "America's Got Talent" because it's open to anyone from any of the countries in North, Central and South America... Britain's Got Talent is open to contestants from outside England.
There is nothing wrong with Poetry, but I doubt that people who go to Vegas are going to flock to the show. There is a venue for poetry, but I don't think it is Las Vegas. You forgot that the acts were from Germany (They were really good) and India (another great act) sooooo again, Why "America's Got Talent"?
Old 09-25-2020, 09:21 AM

Sorry....all to often do i walk into a room and the main topic is..dancing with the stars or America's got talent..less now about football and basket ball (a good thing) with so much going on in this world and this country i guess many many need these distractions to numb them to what is really important.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:40 AM
Thumbs down AGT Winner

What a joke! That's the best talent according to the voting public! Would love to see the after numbers when this guy's gig closes in Vegas. Also, what's the profile of the average audience member will to pay to listen and drink to poetry. Time for AGT to go dark!
Old 09-25-2020, 09:40 AM
Location: East Alton, IL (near St. Louis, Mo), Duval, St. James and hopefully lastly Collier

Or a lump sum of $300,000.00. A far cry from the million they advertise.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:

Please find something to do besides complain help your neighbor

No one cares about AGT
Old 09-25-2020, 10:35 AM

I totally agree. Can you imagine going to Vegas and paying to see him. I suppose there is a home in small coffee shops but vegas?

I thought this was. America's got talent. Why do we have foreign participants, german girls bad salsa, something from India???
Old 09-25-2020, 10:45 AM
Veteran member
Default Agt

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulajr View Post
Thanks for ruining it for me....guess I’ll erase all my recordings now....sheesh
That's why I watch live TV. Sorry!
Old 09-25-2020, 10:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Quote:
Amen. I wouldn't see the winner at our square if you paid me. And many contestants are from all around the world, not just America. It's a sign of the times, good or bad.
Closed Thread

Tags
talent, winner, americas, show, contestants

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.