Amazon Prime

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-24-2015, 10:36 AM
Bonnevie Bonnevie is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,316
Thanks: 8
Thanked 292 Times in 97 Posts
Default Amazon Prime

anyone interested in trying this can get it today for $72 for a year. I've been wanting to watch Downtown Abbey from the start and you can here. I'm hoping to cut down on my dependence on cable.
  #2  
Old 01-24-2015, 11:00 AM
Hancle704 Hancle704 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,227
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
anyone interested in trying this can get it today for $72 for a year. I've been wanting to watch Downtown Abbey from the start and you can here. I'm hoping to cut down on my dependence on cable.
Is that an introductory price? Our membership was increased last year to $99/year. We took advantage of membership and streamed first 4 seasons of Downton Abbey and season of Boardwalk Empire. The 2 day free shipping is another Prime benefit. The recent addition of FL Sales Tax is causing me to wonder about renewing Prime membership is future, and many of the "free" Prime movies are not the latest or greatest IMO.

I wonder how you would be able to stream movies without cable, or did you just mean dropping some cable movies?
  #3  
Old 01-24-2015, 11:10 AM
Bonnevie Bonnevie is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,316
Thanks: 8
Thanked 292 Times in 97 Posts
Default

I stream netflix movies thru a Roku device and I believe I can use it for Amazon as well. I also have a smart tv. so I need internet for these. yes, this is a one day special price for new users.
  #4  
Old 01-24-2015, 09:16 PM
fred53 fred53 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,037
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default There are many ways to stream movies/tv shows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
Is that an introductory price? Our membership was increased last year to $99/year. We took advantage of membership and streamed first 4 seasons of Downton Abbey and season of Boardwalk Empire. The 2 day free shipping is another Prime benefit. The recent addition of FL Sales Tax is causing me to wonder about renewing Prime membership is future, and many of the "free" Prime movies are not the latest or greatest IMO.

I wonder how you would be able to stream movies without cable, or did you just mean dropping some cable movies?
without cable....a Roku box, apple tv box, chrome usb stick and likely more. Either google it or go to BestBuy and ask. All you need is basic internet and a wifi router(high speed internet is available from Comcast for $66.95 for 25mb/sec and I easily stream movies and tv shows at 3.5mb/sec). The router can be had for under $50, but don't go to cheap. You can always rent one from the cable company. I bought the apple tv for $99, but you can get Roku for as little as $79 or so.
  #5  
Old 01-25-2015, 07:11 AM
MikeV's Avatar
MikeV MikeV is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Village of Charlotte
Posts: 1,384
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have DirecTV and Comcast. We watch a lot if Amazon Prime and Netflix so thinking hard on whether I even need TV anymore. Of the 225 channels I get we watch maybe 5 or 6. A HD Antenna will give me local channels for local news etc.
__________________
New Jersey, Texas, Mississippi, Delaware, Mississippi, Viet Nam, New York, Guam, New York, Massachusetts, New York, The Villages.
  #6  
Old 01-25-2015, 09:17 AM
wendyquat's Avatar
wendyquat wendyquat is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,573
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I buy so much on Amazon Prime that I easily save the yearly fee in free shipping costs. I've found very few things that you can't find on Amazon!
  #7  
Old 01-25-2015, 10:51 AM
MikeV's Avatar
MikeV MikeV is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Village of Charlotte
Posts: 1,384
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
I buy so much on Amazon Prime that I easily save the yearly fee in free shipping costs. I've found very few things that you can't find on Amazon!
__________________
New Jersey, Texas, Mississippi, Delaware, Mississippi, Viet Nam, New York, Guam, New York, Massachusetts, New York, The Villages.
  #8  
Old 01-25-2015, 11:23 AM
Bonnevie Bonnevie is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,316
Thanks: 8
Thanked 292 Times in 97 Posts
Default

I'm finding I'm enjoying shows done by BBC more than American weekly series. There's actually very few shows on network tv I look forward to--pretty much The Good Wife and Modern Family. I really enjoyed The Fall on Netflix recently.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.