Amazon Prime

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2020, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe Girl View Post
My husband and I noticed that seasons 1-5 of the HBO series "Boardwalk Empire" was included with our Amazon Prime. We watched the first two seasons and really got hooked on it. We started the third season and lo and behold were told there would be an additional charge on top of our monthly charge for Prime. Talk about a bait and switch deal! My husband tried to complain to Amazon but the gentleman manning the phones over in India could only type "sorry for your inconvenience".
Call again..usually Amazon is pretty good. Don’t give up!
Old 05-26-2020, 07:45 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgizzi View Post
Call again..usually Amazon is pretty good. Don’t give up!
It's very clear that Amazon is a re-seller of HBO programs. Some are part of Prime membership and others cost. They did not "bait and switch" on this show.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:14 PM

I got caught that way with "Love in Chains," the anguish-loaded Russian TV series. The first season is part of Amazon Prime, but the 2nd season is PPV. I just refuse to pay for PPV. My total TV bill is $200 a month. My Social Security check can't afford PPV on top of it. I have Netflix, HBO and Showtime so it's not like I'll have nothing to watch when Amazon Prime demands PPV for later seasons. As always, you have the same choice: Yes or no. It's business. You decide if you want to play their game. Don't whine. Just wine and go elsewhere. Makes for a happier person.
Old 05-26-2020, 01:51 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mountaineer View Post
I got caught that way with "Love in Chains," the anguish-loaded Russian TV series. The first season is part of Amazon Prime, but the 2nd season is PPV. I just refuse to pay for PPV. My total TV bill is $200 a month. My Social Security check can't afford PPV on top of it. I have Netflix, HBO and Showtime so it's not like I'll have nothing to watch when Amazon Prime demands PPV for later seasons. As always, you have the same choice: Yes or no. It's business. You decide if you want to play their game. Don't whine. Just wine and go elsewhere. Makes for a happier person.
It's not necessarily an Amazon decision. The producers of the series may have bumped up the cost, making PPV the only way to offer it. And at $0.99 cents per episode, no one is going broke watching it.
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon, prime, charge, husband, seasons

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.