Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Television (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/)
-   -   Amazon Tanks Ad-free TV on Prime (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/amazon-tanks-ad-free-tv-prime-346362/)

jlaurieb 12-28-2023 07:37 AM

The point is, we already paid for it with our Amazon prime subscription.

Rainger99 12-28-2023 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridget Staunton (Post 2286010)
What is GHIN? acronym are supposed to be spelled out first

I believe he was referring to The Golf Handicap & Information Network.

LuvNH 12-28-2023 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlaurieb (Post 2286025)
The point is, we already paid for it with our Amazon prime subscription.

Well, they are either going to raise the subscription to ALL or give YOU the choice of paying $3 more for no ads.

MandoMan 12-28-2023 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvNH (Post 2285738)
$3 a month well worth it. I sat through 7 ads on You Tube the other evening.

I agree. But I also pay YouTube to get it ad-free. Well worth the money.

Cliff Fr 12-28-2023 08:23 AM

Netflix is still ad free

PoolBrews 12-28-2023 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom52 (Post 2285833)
If one chooses to pay the $3 monthly ad free fee for Amazon Prime, will the FreeVee content on Amazon Prime also be ad free? Lately, a lot of the programming on Prime is FreeVee. it would probably be worth the monthly fee if everything on Prime is ad free. No so much if all the FreeVee content still would have commercials.

The letter had an asterick next to the $2.99 note and when you scroll to the bottom you will see that FreeVee content is NOT included in the ad free subscription. FreeVee will still have ads.

Whitley 12-28-2023 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoMo50 (Post 2285733)
Well, we should have seen this coming. Effective January 29th, Amazon Prime will no longer broadcast ad-free content on their Prime TV shows and movies. Over the past several months there has been somewhat of a soft rollout of this change, with more and more shows being aired via their "Freevee" platform. Prime members will, however, be able to subscribe to ad-free programming for an additional fee of $2.99/month.

I realize Jeff Bezos has bills to pay, along with a very costly divorce, but...c'mon, man!

When I first got cable (awhile ago) there were no ads. I paid so much per month and that was it.

airstreamingypsy 12-28-2023 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitley (Post 2286046)
When I first got cable (awhile ago) there were no ads. I paid so much per month and that was it.

That was the deal, they advertised that we would have to pay for TV, but since we were paying there would be no commercials....... that ship has long since sailed.

Justputt 12-28-2023 08:48 AM

Seriously folks. Remember B&W TV, all the commercials, etc.? Yes, we all have a lot more road behind us than ahead of us, and a race to the end is not my goal. I'll stroll, as I've learned the end is THE END and I can wait!! Commercials are just the time to refill a drink, dispose of a consumed drink, grab a bite, or actually talk to the people around you (my favorite)!!

Chi-Town 12-28-2023 09:18 AM

I know it's not much but it still sticks in my craw.

Regorp 12-28-2023 09:20 AM

Ads

Quote:

Well, we should have seen this coming. Effective January 29th, Amazon Prime will no longer broadcast ad-free content on their Prime TV shows and movies. Over the past several months there has been somewhat of a soft rollout of this change, with more and more shows being aired via their "Freevee" platform. Prime members will, however, be able to subscribe to ad-free programming for an additional fee of $2.99/month.

I realize Jeff Bezos has bills to pay, along with a very costly divorce, but...c'mon, man!

I only watch certain shows like Reacher, The Boys, Terminal List, and Leverage Redemption so adding commercials will not bother me so much .

hypart 12-28-2023 09:24 AM

Share Review app

I use an app ShareReviews that allows me to create a watchlist and tells you what the streaming networks are showing.

So once I have enough shows on my watchlist for Amazon prime, I'll subscribe to it for that month. And then the next month, I'll cancel Prime and subscribe to let's say Hulu.

That way I done pay for networks when there's nothing to watch.

ShareReviews also works as a great TV guide so you can see what's playing on each network.

The Chipster 12-28-2023 09:47 AM

You have to really bored or stressed out to get all wound up about a $2.99/mo. charge. I respectfully suggest YOGA and meditation.

banjobob 12-28-2023 09:54 AM

Quote:

I will gladly pay a small fee for no commercials, network tv bombards 12/15 commercials at each break plus ad banners during programming all very distracting.

charlieo1126@gmail.com 12-28-2023 09:54 AM

Nothing is going to change ,prices will keep going up , just to watch all the NFL games you have to have you tube ,prime , peacock, and NFL + when I read the different threads on here about cable i admire all the different ways people work the system by using different sits and other I guess semi illegal tools , but I’m at a time in my life I just want to turn on the tv and watch so I pay