Anyone out there hooked on the show 'Shameless'?

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2017, 08:36 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
I grew up in the north side of Chicago and was unfamiliar with the Canaryville neighborhood where Shameless is suppose to take place. Only knew that it was a working class and. a largely Irish neighborhood. I am now through episode 7 of season one and am enjoying the story and acting. On my next visit to Chicago Canaryville will be a destination. Definitely a drink in a local bar will be in order.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Well, Chi, if you see Frank at the Alibi, please don't give him any money.

Last edited by Boomer; 07-15-2017 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Well.......it's sure not "Father Knows Best" but, so far, I think it is definitely bingeworthy.

I am way too embarrassed to tell you how many episodes we watched last night.

I have to say I really like the kids. Hooligans though they may be (sometimes), you have to admit they are creative problem-solvers. I root for them. They are survivors......I hope. We have a long way to go, not yet to Season 2, but soon.

William Macy plays that slimeball, worthless, scummy, rancid creep of a father so well that you can almost smell him through the television screen. (shudder) And whoever is writing those outraged, ignorant rants he spouts has nailed it.

Thanks for the recommendation......I think.
So glad someone besides myself is enjoying Shameless!
Happy you are liking it so far.
Never a dull moment in each episode.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:36 AM
Soaring Parsley
Default Shameless Confession:

I COULD NOT STOP!!!!

Mr. Boomer was out of town last week. I binge watched "Shameless" -- every single night. (I did have a self-righteous rule though that I could not start until after 6:00 -- PM not AM. I do have some dignity in my binge watching.)

While I stand by my prudishness -- wishing the writers would not reach so readily for the raunchy scenes and wishing they would stop saturating dialogue with THE word, I kept right on watching.

Now, I need to know something......

I did not watch "Breaking Bad," but I have friends who did. For those of you who have watched both, I would like to know if it is OK to shamelessly confess to my "Breaking Bad" watching friends that I binge watched "Shameless." (blush)

I do know for sure that I definitely am NOT telling my Book Club or the Lutherans.

Last edited by Boomer; 07-31-2017 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
I COULD NOT STOP!!!!

Mr. Boomer was out of town last week. I binge watched "Shameless" -- every single night. (I did have a self-righteous rule though that I could not start until after 6:00 -- PM not AM. I do have some dignity in my binge watching.)

While I stand by my prudishness -- wishing the writers would not reach so readily for the raunchy scenes and wishing they would stop saturating dialogue with THE word, I kept right on watching.

I did not watch "Breaking Bad," but I have friends who did. For those of you who have watched both, I would like to know if it OK to shamelessly confess to my "Breaking Bad" watching friends that I binge watched "Shameless."

I do know for sure that I definitely am NOT telling my Book Club or the Lutherans.
Put Breaking Bad on your next binge list. Not the same as Shameless, but characters and storytelling are compelling. Bryan Cranston is to Breaking Bad what William H. Macy is to Shameless. Then you can catch up with Better Call Saul to keep going.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
Put Breaking Bad on your next binge list. Not the same as Shameless, but characters and storytelling are compelling. Bryan Cranston is to Breaking Bad what William H. Macy is to Shameless. Then you can catch up with Better Call Saul to keep going.
That's a good plan.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:11 AM
Soaring Parsley

uh, oh.......... British version you say..........uh oh, I guess I really should do a comparative study......
Old 08-01-2017, 12:55 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Quote:
uh, oh.......... British version you say..........uh oh, I guess I really should do a comparative study......
Already did. Personal opinion, but I like the US version much better. Although right now I don't really like most of the characters.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:26 PM
Veteran member
Default Watch Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
Very entertaining show.. I am jealous.. you get to watch it starting new.. I have to wait for the new season !!! Need a good show to binge watch this summer.. still looking.. i finished House of Cards, etc.. now I have to make do with American Pickers and Storage Wars, etc .. until I find something better on Netflix.
I absolutely got into Dexter. It's a great binge watcher and acting is phenomenal. Lots of seasons. It'll keep you going for weeks.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
I COULD NOT STOP!!!!

I did not watch "Breaking Bad," but I have friends who did. For those of you who have watched both, I would like to know if it is OK to shamelessly confess to my "Breaking Bad" watching friends that I binge watched "Shameless." (blush)

Breaking Bad has some big violence but grrrreat writing.
It took me much longer to finish BBad b/c I could not watch every day, inlike Shameless, which I CAN watch nightly.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:55 AM
Soaring Parsley
Default Shameless confession continued.......

Uh, oh.........

Shameless Season 8 premieres November 5 on Showtime.

The plotline is like that arcade game Whack-A-Mole. Just when at least one of those kids seems to be getting it together, another mess pops up.

I am finished now with my binge-watching of those first 7 seasons.........I could not help myself........I still have not told my book club or the Lutherans. I never will........

BUT! I will NOT subscribe to Showtime. I will NOT subscribe to Showtime. I NEVER will subscribe to Showtime........I feel quite certain I will not subscribe to Showtime.......I am pretty sure I will not subscribe to Showtime.........

Last edited by Boomer; 10-20-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:36 AM
Veteran member

I watch Shameless and just shake my head.. I really like it but just can't believe some of the plot lines.. so funny and weird..very entertaining.... now this season Frank supposedly cleans up and gets a real job, etc.. haha.. we shall see, shall we????
Old 10-20-2017, 12:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Uh, oh.........

Shameless Season 8 premieres November 5 on Showtime.

The plotline is like that arcade game Whack-A-Mole. Just when at least one of those kids seems to be getting it together, another mess pops up.

I am finished now with my binge-watching of those first 7 seasons.........I could not help myself........I still have not told my book club or the Lutherans. I never will........

BUT! I will NOT subscribe to Showtime. I will NOT subscribe to Showtime. I NEVER will subscribe to Showtime........I feel quite certain I will not subscribe to Showtime.......I am pretty sure I will not subscribe to Showtime.........
I also binge watched. What a ride! Checked that it will about a year from now before season 8 will be on Netflix. That's a long time. I wonder if Showtime has a 12 week package.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
I watch Shameless and just shake my head.. I really like it but just can't believe some of the plot lines.. so funny and weird..very entertaining.... now this season Frank supposedly cleans up and gets a real job, etc.. haha.. we shall see, shall we????
William H. Macy was in Chicago a couple of months ago doing some on location scenes and visited Wrigley Field. He looks cleaner but still a bit shaggy.

WSH@CHC: William H. Macy leads 7th-inning stretch - YouTubeThe Villages Florida

Old 10-20-2017, 01:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
William H. Macy was in Chicago a couple of months ago doing some on location scenes and visited Wrigley Field. He looks cleaner but still a bit shaggy.

WSH@CHC: William H. Macy leads 7th-inning stretch - YouTubeThe Villages Florida

Like Macy in various shows and movies but this Shameless series is something I have not bee able to get into at all.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Boomer, here is the first episode of the British Shameless which the U.S. version is based upon. NSFW, but it's fun to see how close the episodes are.

Shameless 1 Episode 1 - YouTube
Closed Thread

Tags
shameless, version, show, character, plots

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.