Anyone watch Live PD on A&E?

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2018, 02:10 PM
Default Anyone watch Live PD on A&E?

I know it's been on for a few years but I am new to it. I love the Live aspect of it and how you can get to know the same cops (and K-9's) every weekend as they go to the same Departments.

Someone had it on during a card game a few weeks ago and it was a nice backround thing. It's cool watching the country get dark gradually and things heating up.

Three things I have noticed: (1) Just how many times people are totally insane and sadly have lost their looks at such a young age to drugs, (2) how often marijuana stops lead to finding other things like illegal fire arms and hard drugs etc..and (3) if you are polite and honest they generally don't arrest you even if you have no plates or a little pot or whatever.

Also it can be funny. In the bonus episode last night, there was a forlorn looking old fella riding a lawn mower holding up traffic. He didn't have a drivers lic but said he was driving to a friends to do his lawn for a little money. Weird.

FLA is of course repped by Pasco County and it is probably pound for pound the craziest of the 8 places they go. Nye County, NV is pretty open wide and seems like a run down S-Hole if I am being honest. Warwick, RI is also "Deliverance" territory at times.

Like all TV it can get annoying with commercials but it's a good show to switch back and forth to if you are relaxing watching the tube on Fri or Sat nights. The one cop in MO seems to be on a high speed chase literally all the time.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:23 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

watched last night as well.

it's not always live.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Pasco County is the best. Note to all who have some illegal substance in their car or an outstanding warrant.....fix your taillight.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2018, 08:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Pasco County is the best. Note to all who have some illegal substance in their car or an outstanding warrant.....fix your taillight.

I watch it all the time. It is probable cause for an OVC (officer violator contact); as is crossing over a centerline, weaving in the lane of traffic, improper lane change, etc., etc., etc. I arrested hundreds of DUI's watching for those little minor violations.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:04 PM
Veteran member

We love LIve PD and usually record it then watch it at various times to fill in. My wife is from Warwick, RI and to date we haven’t seen anything too wild except for one episode. Warwick used to be a nice city and there are still some nice areas but in recent years it has taken a turn and headed downhill. Drugs, drugs and more drugs.........what a scourge.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:44 AM
Gold member

I do watch it, as Saturday evening TV is really bad, and it's about the only show of interest to me. I enjoy the interaction between the expert hosts, especially "Sticks" Larkin. But I do have a couple of problems with it. It really isn't live, as they cut the soundtrack whenever someone has to provide their names or other identifying items, and they cut away when there is too much violence. But what really bothers me is to see how far away from a "free country" we've come. Remember when we were shocked to see movies that showed Nazi's stopping citizens and saying (strongly) "Give me your papers!"? Well tell me the difference between them and the cops on this show who not only demand ID from drivers, but also demand ID from every passenger in the car. And the reason for the stop is merely a broken tail light in many cases. And even a pedestrian, when stopped by these guys, are expected to have and produce and ID. I know these are mostly lowlifes, and sometimes have an open warrant against them, but if the cops have the right to do this to the lowlifes, with no apparent reasonable cause, they will do it to you and I too. If I were a passenger, I would probably be arrested, as I would refuse to give them my ID, unless they had a legitimate need to know.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:06 AM

I can sort of see both sides, Collie1228. I mean if you aren't doing anything wrong why be worried about telling them who you are? What if it is a person wanted for rape or something? On the other hand I definitely do agree we are going in a bad direction rights wise.

Loved the crazy drunk guy with no furniture in his apartment. I worry about that female officer. She needs to get in better shape.
Old 08-19-2018, 03:41 AM
Sage

Quote:

LOL. A few years ago I was coming home around 10 pm on a Friday night from seeing a play in downtown Arlington Heights, Illinois (another Chicago suburb) where there are a lot of bars and restaurants. A few blocks from the downtown area, I get pulled over. The officer asks me "Do you know why I pulled you over?" I said, "Well, I don't think I was speeding." He said "No, you weren't speeding. The light above your rear license plate is not working." I really didn't know there was a light above my rear license plate...stupid me.

Anyway, I received a "warning" ticket and had to return to Arlington Heights police department within 2 weeks to show them I had my rear license plate light replaced. Then the warning ticket was voided. If that was not done that, I was subject to having my car "Denver booted" if parked in Arlington Heights.

My friends who live in Arlington Heights said the police officer was really looking for a DUI since I was leaving an area with a lot of bars and restaurants later on a Friday night.

So watch out for those non-working tail lights and rear license plate lights.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:59 AM
Veteran member

Watched for the first time last night. It obviously isn't "live" as it was past 10 pm and pitch black dark and they're showing a car wreck in broad daylight.
It was ok, just seemed like a redo of Cops to me.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:00 AM

Comparing American law enforcement officers to Nazis is disgraceful. I suggest you re-read your history and learn who the Nazis really were. Remember with the Nazis if you had the "wrong" id you wound up in a concentration camp and later in an oven. As some one suggested if you don't want to show id to the police then don't.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
LOL. A few years ago I was coming home around 10 pm on a Friday night from seeing a play in downtown Arlington Heights, Illinois (another Chicago suburb) where there are a lot of bars and restaurants. A few blocks from the downtown area, I get pulled over. The officer asks me "Do you know why I pulled you over?" I said, "Well, I don't think I was speeding." He said "No, you weren't speeding. The light above your rear license plate is not working." I really didn't know there was a light above my rear license plate...stupid me.

Anyway, I received a "warning" ticket and had to return to Arlington Heights police department within 2 weeks to show them I had my rear license plate light replaced. Then the warning ticket was voided. If that was not done that, I was subject to having my car "Denver booted" if parked in Arlington Heights.

My friends who live in Arlington Heights said the police officer was really looking for a DUI since I was leaving an area with a lot of bars and restaurants later on a Friday night.

So watch out for those non-working tail lights and rear license plate lights.
I was in Arlington Heights a couple of weeks ago for their Mane Event. Crazy how that downtown has changed from a non destination to party central.

Old 08-19-2018, 09:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
I was in Arlington Heights a couple of weeks ago for their Mane Event. Crazy how that downtown has changed from a non destination to party central.

Yes, downtown Arlington Heights is quite lively, especially on weekend nights. Tons of restaurants, upscale bars and shopping. If someone wants to live in downtown Arlington Heights, prepare to shell out some $$.

Tags
things, times, live, watching, pound

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.