Cablevision Of Marion County

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Default Cablevision Of Marion County

I quit Cablevision of Marion County for a better provider. Two months later
I received a phone call from collections that I did'nt pay my cable bill.
I was never given a bill and was two months late. I also gave a $100. deposit . I figured I'd research this place and this is what I found: http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/b...a-fl-121415948
I never realize it was so easy for them to ruin ones credit history for quiting for a better carrier. On this site on the bottom portion of the page cablevision of Marion County FL - Topix where I found some outrageous practices that they do. I'm currently inquiring with my Florida State Senator any ideas to handle this problem. I was told by this cable company, when people terminate from them they automatically send it to collections.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:10 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

The worst thing you can do is ignore the bill. Read it carefully, There are probably some "weasel words" in there that state if you don't dispute the debt in writing within 30 days, it will be presumed to be your debt and they will proceed with collection actions. Take all your paperwork to Seniors Vs Crime and they will help you dispute the debt in writing. It will cost you the cost of postage for a certified/return receipt letter. Seniors Vs Crime has two offices in Marion County - in Ocala at Paddock Mall (with the Ocala PD) and in The Villages with the Marion County Sheriffs Office on Mulberry Lane. Call em at 352-753-7775. They are only open two or three days a week.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
The worst thing you can do is ignore the bill. Read it carefully, There are probably some "weasel words" in there that state if you don't dispute the debt in writing within 30 days, it will be presumed to be your debt and they will proceed with collection actions. Take all your paperwork to Seniors Vs Crime and they will help you dispute the debt in writing. It will cost you the cost of postage for a certified/return receipt letter. Seniors Vs Crime has two offices in Marion County - in Ocala at Paddock Mall (with the Ocala PD) and in The Villages with the Marion County Sheriffs Office on Mulberry Lane. Call em at 352-753-7775. They are only open two or three days a week.
I want to thank you for the reply. Unknowingly they sent it to collective actions already and have been billed late fees also. It just amazes me how easy it is for them to tarnish ones credit. Your advice on this matter is well noted respectively. I never knew of this Senior vs Crime. I will pay this bill with no problem, I just wish they would of sent me a itemized bill like they always did in the past and not a collection agency.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:15 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom

IMHO it might be a good idea to contact all three credit rating agencies to notify them of this situation, if you have not already done so. Good luck with this. I can tell you some horror stories about T-Mobile, too.

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.