Cancellation Last Man Standing

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2017, 08:25 AM
Sage
Default Cancellation Last Man Standing

Since the cancellation of this show, I've felt more and more controlled by people I don't want to be controlled by. Without making this a political thread, I wanted to comment. This morning I had the chance to watch about 3 1/2 minute segment of the show which supposedly was the straw that broke the camels back. It was well done, portraying the tip toeing that we now have to do in order to speak a simple sentence. The "daughter" was apparently having her "father" speak at her college. It was a short snip it so I wasn't sure how it all came about. It was laughable and disturbing at the same time. My how times have changed and not for the better.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:21 AM
Veteran member

Loved this show. Will miss it!
Old 05-14-2017, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

You didn't really say what it was they were tiptoeing about. I never heard of the show, maybe that's why it didn't make it, ratings. It must be left or right leaning, however, I don't hear about most shows. The networks I generally only watch for local news and sporting events.

Currently I watch Fargo, the third season is on now and it's on FX. Best drama on TV as far as I'm concerned, if you like Coen Bros type movies. I also watch Angie Tribeca with Rashida Jones as a LA Police detective, which I think is on TBS, it's similar to Airplane, a comedy where everything is literal. Last season I watched Baskets, which was it's second season. It stars the little short fat guy Zack Galifianakis, who plays two different characters that are twin brothers. By using hair styles and accents he pulls it off great. The comedian Louie Anderson plays his mother, and really does a great job as an older mother type. I think that show was on FX as well.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:15 PM

certainly was not because of ratings.....2nd highest rated comedy behind modern...sooo must have been some "other" issue I believe
Old 05-14-2017, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Hope Netflix picks it up
Old 05-14-2017, 06:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
You didn't really say what it was they were tiptoeing about. I never heard of the show, maybe that's why it didn't make it, ratings. It must be left or right leaning, however, I don't hear about most shows. The networks I generally only watch for local news and sporting events.

Currently I watch Fargo, the third season is on now and it's on FX. Best drama on TV as far as I'm concerned, if you like Coen Bros type movies. I also watch Angie Tribeca with Rashida Jones as a LA Police detective, which I think is on TBS, it's similar to Airplane, a comedy where everything is literal. Last season I watched Baskets, which was it's second season. It stars the little short fat guy Zack Galifianakis, who plays two different characters that are twin brothers. By using hair styles and accents he pulls it off great. The comedian Louie Anderson plays his mother, and really does a great job as an older mother type. I think that show was on FX as well.
Really? You've not heard of Last Man Standing? It's only been on for about 5 yrs (I didn't check but it's been awhile) and had high ratings. It's on Friday nights so maybe you're out then. It was quite funny and not stupid like some of the so-called comedy shows that we refuse to watch.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Really? You've not heard of Last Man Standing? It's only been on for about 5 yrs (I didn't check but it's been awhile) and had high ratings. It's on Friday nights so maybe you're out then. It was quite funny and not stupid like some of the so-called comedy shows that we refuse to watch.
Actually we're just the opposite, we're not night people as far as going out and eating dinner. We do see some of the bands, but are back home by 7:30. We eat lunch out about 5 days a week, but never dinner. We have a 60" LED HD TV and Directv Premier package for the past ten years. So we have about 300 channels, when I'm not watching sports my wife controls the TV. It started in the 1960's when 'In Cold Blood' by Truman Compote came out. She has read over 500 true crime books, and now with channels like ID (Investigation Discovery) she watches day and night. Throw in TLC, A&E and OWN showing crime shows and Friday nights NBC and ABC run their Dateline and 20/20 shows, and there is 48 Hours also on a lot. She was a big Nancy Grace fan until she retired last year and of course Court TV was a staple for many years during the day. I can't get my wife to watch a sitcom, even though I did watch The Office and Seinfeld, she wouldn't for one minute. She does like Mary Tyler Moore and during the holidays I recorded about 50 of them from Hallmark Channel and we've been slowly going through them. Also with about 50 HD commercial free movie channels, I'm always recording movies and watching them, I'm a big movie fan. So I guess sitcoms just aren't in our world and I would only know Tim Allen from maybe when he was on the Today Show, which we do watch every morning.

Last edited by John_W; 05-15-2017 at 08:15 AM. Reason: reasons
Old 05-14-2017, 07:51 PM

I hadn't heard it was cancelled, I'm disappointed. I love the show.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:02 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

We watch and enjoy Last Man Standing. It's being cancelled because it's too conservative and politically incorrect---so "they" say. The reruns will be priceless.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
We watch and enjoy Last Man Standing. It's being cancelled because it's too conservative and politically incorrect---so "they" say. The reruns will be priceless.
Home Improvement Cast and Characters | TVGuide.com

Enjoyed Home Improvement but have only seen a few of the episodes of Last Man Standing. Not a big situation comedy fan unless Seinfeld is involved in some way or it is Cheers related. Did love M.A.S.H..
Old 05-16-2017, 01:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I thought it couldn't hold a candle to Home Improvement.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:36 AM
Email Reported As Spam

I am disappointed that lat Man standing was cancelled for three reasons. It was a family oriented show. It was funny. it did not display the filth we see on much of television
Old 05-16-2017, 05:44 AM

I tried to watch it, It had some humorous parts but not as many as the laugh track had. It seemed that anytime anyone said anything the Red Skelton laugh track from the 50's went off. I wish they wouldn't use that canned laughter.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberschaf View Post
I tried to watch it, It had some humorous parts but not as many as the laugh track had. It seemed that anytime anyone said anything the Red Skelton laugh track from the 50's went off. I wish they wouldn't use that canned laughter.
Agree. I like Tim Allen. But I thought the show was predictable, kinda corny, and the laugh track was awful.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1828327/fullcredits/

Had some really good actors in the cast.

Kaitlyn Dever - IMDb This young actress did some really good work in the series Justified.
Closed Thread

Tags
speak, cancellation, controlled, show, apparently

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.