Century Link Prism TV

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2011, 12:33 AM
Gold member
Default The Lakes

Ooper

Thanks- Bet you miss the speed of that Ontario Lake effect snow machine!

NOT!

Herv
Old 12-19-2011, 12:55 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuys View Post
Ooper

NOT!

Herv

NOT! lol
Old 12-19-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Ooper

NOT!

Herv
I was able to answer all of my questions, like yours, by way of their website. Other questions were handled very well by customer service and I know exactly what the cost is now and after the promotion ends.

I'm not moving to TV to sit around and watch television a lot, but rather to get out of the house and take in all that's available to me. There are those that swear by satellite and those that don't. I've had Dish here and now want weather free reception and nothing on my roof or in my yard that resembles an antenna anymore.

There are more complaints about Comcast due to customer misunderstandings than anything else. You have to spend due diligence with your research, and what you can't understand have explained to you before you get service. Not everyone will agree with all this, but that's why there's different strokes for different folks. A remark like 'all my neighbors that have it complain' is motivated for some reason other than the truth. Just my thought and no offense meant. Enjoy the Holidays!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Send a message via AIM to HelenLCSW

Quote:
You gotta shrink down that peace symbol Jim It's HUGE LOL

Does Comcast have HD now? For awhile I thought it did not?

Also what is the speed of the internet? Do they offer different levels.

And can you get ComCast for just Cable if you want to have Dish?

I know to many questions but others may be reading that are soon moving in. I know you looked over everything.
Herv
We are moving into Sanibel in three weeks and have found Kathleen at Comcast to be most helpful. The answer to your first two questions is yes. I don't know anything about Direct TV but I would imagine you can get a phone/Internet package without the TV. We have Uverse where we are now in Miami and can record more shows at one time and can record in any room which we cannot do with Comcast; however Uverse is not available in TV. the upside is that we will have a faster DSL and a slightly lower cost fior the TV/Internet/phone package with Comcast.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenLCSW View Post
can record in any room which we cannot do with Comcast; .
You can get a whole house DVR setup with Comcast. My mom just got it in her house in Caroline. She has a DVR in the LR and satellite units in the kitchen and master bedroom. She can record and/or playback a show from any of the TVs.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Straz View Post
Wonder what all you Comcast Naysayers have to gain anyway. Work for the competition? Comcast has more reliable services for less money.
I am a Comcast naysayer and I do not work for the competition. I have had Prism since September and am very pleased with it. Have not had a single outage (experienced 1-2 per week with Comcast), the picture is clear on every channel (as opposed to several channels with static that Comcast could never figure out how to get rid of.) And I'm paying $30 less per month.
So for this consumer at least, Prism is more reliable service for less money.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Unhappy lookout

centurylink sold me but could not deliver,,after 7 hours an independant installer working for centurylink we could not get hd reception on only 1 channel and if wanted to tape another hd program on dvr we had to reduce internet service to 3mg from 10mg,, took 2 weeks and 20+ phone hours to get me back on directv,final explanation i was 7700 ft from their power source which you would think they could find out before AA the aggravation
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.