Century Link Prism TV

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Platinum member
Default Century Link Prism TV

Does anyone have Prism TV? Is it as good as/better than/less expensive/more reliable than Comcast? I am so confused by the rates quoted to me by Comcast! All these introductory pricings, contracts, then they can't tell me how much it will cost me after the introductory months.....I wonder if the cost goes way up.....and then I would have to pay anyway because of the contract......HELP!
Old 12-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Default Century Link

Welcome to cable. They're all difficult to understand. My best advise would be to be sure to get a service that does not have a long term contract attached to it. At least by the time you understand your service you'll be able to cancel if your not happy.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:35 AM
Veteran member

We had DirecTV for 15 years and switched to Prism last Spring and LOVE IT! Not shouting...just emphasizing!!! We bundled it and my spouse, whose always looking how to budget hasn't blinked. It's been nice not to have the interruptions that DirecTv could bring.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquick View Post
Does anyone have Prism TV? Is it as good as/better than/less expensive/more reliable than Comcast? I am so confused by the rates quoted to me by Comcast! All these introductory pricings, contracts, then they can't tell me how much it will cost me after the introductory months.....I wonder if the cost goes way up.....and then I would have to pay anyway because of the contract......HELP!
“they can't tell me how much it will cost me after the introductory months” They can tell you what the current non introductory rate is for today and then you add a dollar to that for each January passed and you have a close estimate of what it will cost you.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:12 AM

Our neighbor just had Prism installed and are very happy with it. Switched from Dish.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
“they can't tell me how much it will cost me after the introductory months” They can tell you what the current non introductory rate is for today and then you add a dollar to that for each January passed and you have a close estimate of what it will cost you.
I think it comes to about $140 a month depending on what special channels you might order, that is for Prism, internet and phone.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLew View Post
I think it comes to about $140 a month depending on what special channels you might order, that is for Prism, internet and phone.
Prism has no NFL Sunday ticket if you are in to that
Old 12-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Location: Too many to mention, then Loveland, OH; Poinciana then Fernandina!

I have mixed feelings about our Prism - we've had it for about 5 months and have had 3 service calls. (Just yesterday the guy was here because our telephone service was out.) When it works it is fine, I really like being able to watch shows you have recorded on any tv. On the other hand, each tv does need a box - it's a little awkward, especially in the kitchen where we have a little tv. We had comcast for a short while before we moved here full-time, so we had only the basic comcast and it was more reliable - but we weren't here full time to make a judgment. I guess each service has its advantages/drawbacks.
"Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs your heart is very big " Erica Jong

Last edited by FoPAA; 12-19-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Red face

Prism not available everywhere - see my previous thread of "Century Link" beware - have not had issues settled yet.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybye View Post
Prism not available everywhere - see my previous thread of "Century Link" beware - have not had issues settled yet.
true, we are in Hadley and have it.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Sage

We've had Prism since June and never have had a problem with it. Still very satisfied customers. Our neighbors that have Comcast all complain but still don't look into anything different!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Sage

We looked into Prism as well. But we were informed that there are only four streams coming into the house. Two in HD and two in SD. Since we both may be watching different programs and may also be recording another pair and want them in HD, it wouldn't work for us.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
We've had Prism since June and never have had a problem with it. Still very satisfied customers. Our neighbors that have Comcast all complain but still don't look into anything different!
Wonder what all you Comcast Naysayers have to gain anyway. Work for the competition? Comcast has more reliable services for less money.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Gold member
Default Jim

You gotta shrink down that peace symbol Jim It's HUGE LOL

Does Comcast have HD now? For awhile I thought it did not?

Also what is the speed of the internet? Do they offer different levels.

And can you get ComCast for just Cable if you want to have Dish?

I know to many questions but others may be reading that are soon moving in. I know you looked over everything.
Herv
Old 12-19-2011, 12:29 AM
Platinum member

Does Comcast have HD now? YES For awhile I thought it did not?

Also what is the speed of the internet? VARIES Do they offer different levels. YES

And can you get ComCast for just Cable if you want to have Dish? YES

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.