Comcast makes most hated list

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Veteran member

Notice that the first three are regional so Comcast is the worst national company. They have a good, mostly reliable product but terrible customer service. I got tired of excuses and fighting with them on TV issues and switched to DirecTV a year ago and am more than satisfied. I kept Comcast for internet and cross my fingers every day that I don't have any problems with them.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:40 PM

I've had Comcast TV and internet for the last 2 winters. No problems at all. I must be lucky.

Bob
Old 07-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs down

I am experiencing frustration on the administrative side. They apparently set up a username and password for our new account and we didn't learn the username until we received some mail from them. They used the subscriber's name with a period between the first and last name, but misspelled the last name.

And, of course, I don't know what the password might be.

When trying to log on to request the password I received a challenge question that we had not set up and so we had no idea what the answer was.

I'm still struggling with getting this straightened out..........
Old 07-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob45 View Post
I've had Comcast TV and internet for the last 2 winters. No problems at all. I must be lucky.

Bob
Good for you, Bob. The problem with Comcast happens WHEN you have problems. If you don't have any problems, they're fine. If you do have problems, you really have problems. Nobody there can fix anything, but they're very good at transferring you to someone else who can't fix anything, who transerfs you to someone else... I've been trying to get my digital adapters programmed since December. Nobody there seems to know how to do it.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 07-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Comcast is fine UNTIL you have a problem. As my grandson would say "grandpa they suck". It is well known that their customer service is bad and that has been my experience. When you call on a Monday with a problem with your cable out and you are told that it will be Thursday at the earliest they can send a technician-----thats poor service. No storm----just their equipment that went bad.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
I just dumped them for centurylink, as did 5 neighbors. Great service, and saved $32/month for a bundle.
Hey, I just did the same thing, but miss several channels, namely, 99 which gave The Villages weather radar, and TCM for old movies. Also Centurylinks movies on demand is terrible. They only offer 1 free movie.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Veteran member

I was just at the office on Rte 441.I went at 8:29 AM to arrange an installation and there twenty people already there waiting for store to open.Impatient as I am,I left and arranged everything by phone which went very smoothly.They have online help which I used twice to assist me with computer problem.I have had problems occasionally with them but eventually things would get resolved.Once i turned on tv and was getting HBO.A month later I got a letter saying I shouldn't be getting HBO and would be removed at end of month.Well it wasn't removed and I was still getting it two months later.Crazy!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:56 AM

We had Comcast in Atlanta for 15 years and here in The Villages for almost 10. Even though I have had them this long, I agree they have been on "crap list" many times in that period. When we moved to TV full time 2 years ago they could not install a junction box on the wall I wanted it on ($49.95). The young man said I won't charge you for it as I couldn't do it. I went with the one that was already installed and no work was needed on his part. The bill came and I was charged for it! I called there customer "No service" at least six times. Finally after being unable to sleep one night thinking about it, I got up at 3:00 am, looked up the President & CEO's e-mail address and sent hime an e-mail explaining the dates I called, people I talked with and explainning I knew they he waas working through a merger, but would he forward my e-mail to someone who could help me get my credit. By 9:30 am I had received a call from one of his office assistants indicating the problem was resolved and credit would be on my next statement. It is too bad you have to go to this length to get something done right.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

I saw the same list and believe their Customer Service "stinks." A few weeks ago I had a problem with Comcast. Just getting in touch with them can be a problem......however, long story short. It took Comcast four days to get out and replace their equipment that was bad and causing problems with my Internet and Cable TV. That is unacceptable Customer Service and told them so. They deserve to make the poor service list. Yes, they are "fine" until you have a problem. By the way, their Technician was very polite and professional-----not his fault.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom

I read over and over how awful Comcast is. And I believe everyone. It's awful. Now that's been established.

But, as a new resident of TV, that still leaves me with the decision of what provider should I use for television and internet? I've asked this question a couple of times and it seems everyone hates all of the providers with the possible exception of Brighthouse, which I won't be able to get in Briar Meadow.

Here's my challenge. If you actually LIKE your provider, let's hear from you! Let's be positive! Upbeat! Cheerful! I sure would appreciate it! Thanks so very much!

Joaniesmom

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 07-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaniesmom View Post
Here's my challenge. If you actually LIKE your provider, let's hear from you! Let's be positive! Upbeat! Cheerful! I sure would appreciate it! Thanks so very much!

Joaniesmom
It won't matter. We happy Comcast users keep silent because we don't want to get bombasted with what we know are problems associated with a few unhappy Comcast customers. I, and many others in our area (near you), have had Comcast for years in TV (up to 11) and have no complaints.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:53 PM

It is too bad that we do not have a choice...Doesn,t seem right.....
Old 07-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwave View Post
It is too bad that we do not have a choice...Doesn,t seem right.....
I agree....it would be nice if the "market" could reward them or punish them for the quality of their services.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:25 PM

We didn't know our options when we moved in April so we signed up with Comcast bundle. They didn't tell us their phone service is so difficult to work with and they charge $20 per phone outlet to make them work. Aside from that we have been without phone service more than we've haad it. Everyone blames someone else and I still sit without phone service. If I didn't need a lan line for faxing they would be outta here.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Default I agree, also

But the people at AT&T are very polite and try to be helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	customer service.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	3484  
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.