Comcast TV Issues

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2012, 05:17 AM
Gold member
Default Comcast TV Issues

A few posts back there was a thread that talked about comcast TV issues; we had problems and Comcast acknowledged them and said they had fixed the issues. The issues seems to be creeping back in - the screen gets very pixeled (sp?) and voice breaks up. Anyone else having this problem - we live in Tamarind Grove.

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2012, 05:57 AM
Sage

It shouldn't matter where you live, it's cable. I had serious issues with Comcast TV and switched to Direct TV. Much happier.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:27 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfrommaine View Post
A few posts back there was a thread that talked about comcast TV issues; we had problems and Comcast acknowledged them and said they had fixed the issues. The issues seems to be creeping back in - the screen gets very pixeled (sp?) and voice breaks up. Anyone else having this problem - we live in Tamarind Grove.

Thanks!
It has something to do with the Comcast feed through the DVR box. I have a DTA box on the same TV for other reasons and when I switch to the DTA feed the problem goes away.

Maybe later on today I will do an on-line chat with Comcast to see if they can tell me anything.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:50 AM
Sage

Usually pixelization is just signal weakness in my experience. It can be Comcast fault, bad connectors, too many splitters, etc. You need to stay on them until you are happy. I have seen pixelization on my TV with just a DTA. Zcaveman, I wonder if the DVR requires a higher signal strength than the DTA which would explain what you see?

If you are only seeing it in your DVR, I have read that rebooting the DVR may help, not just powering off, but unplugging, facing east and counting to 30 before plugging back in.

Good luck, IMO Comcast is a great service for me, but the support can be very frustrating if you are having issues.

Last edited by ajbrown; 03-16-2012 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Added comment to Z
Old 03-16-2012, 09:55 AM

We have had nothing but trouble with Comcast. Everyday we need to refresh our WiFi, plus we only get WiFi in part of the house. If anyone has other options, please let us know.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Sage

Haven't heard alot of good comments about Comcast. We first had Direct TV for many years and liked it. The husband is always looking to save some cash...so we went with Prism through our telephone line. LOVE it!!! So far no issues and we've had it nearly a year.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhooman View Post
We have had nothing but trouble with Comcast. Everyday we need to refresh our WiFi, plus we only get WiFi in part of the house. If anyone has other options, please let us know.
Sounds like a router problem. Do you have a router from Comcast? If your router is from Comcast I would call them and let them know what is happening.

Also, the router is on the same band as many cordless phones which can interfere. Also someone on another board mentioned that microwave ovens can interfere, but I've never had that happen. Perhaps with an old oven where the shielding has been compromised.

I experienced the same thing a couple of years ago when I got a new wireless N router (Belkin). Poor range and periodically dropped all signal every day. I returned it (Thanks, Costco!) and got a Linksys. No problems since, and I have enough signal to allow my lanai TV to connect with Netflix with the router in the front of the house.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:32 PM

Over the last couple of weeks we have had bad pixelization on some programs that I recorded. Comcast came out yesterday and replaced the DVR after I explained that I compared another TV with a non DVR HD box at the same time and that one had no problems whereas the picture through the DVR was unwatchable.

Unfortunatley the new DVR is not compatible with the Xfinity iPad app, it took me 3 to 4 hours and several phone transfers to find someone who knew what the app was and agreed that the box was not eligable for the app (even though I explained that the Xfinity web site showed this DVR was not eligable).

Also this new DVR has very bright LED clock numerals that we found distracting.

Now the pixelization seems cured and a technician will bring a new box on Monday.

When you get hold of a decent support person they are very helpful but it is very frustrating dealing with some of them.

UPDATE

Just received a call from a very nice Comcast support guy, he said the DVR they installed was definitely the wrong one and he had noted the part number of the one he wanted delivered.

WOW - Decent customer support at last!!!!

Last edited by Blackie; 03-16-2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 03-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Sage

I wish my DVR had a clock. I find it odd that it doesn't.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
I wish my DVR had a clock. I find it odd that it doesn't.
Is there a setting that might allow you to show the clock instead of the channel?
Old 03-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Default television

Seems to me that some of the very recent problems may have had something to do with the uncharacteristic dose of sun activity. I noticed that there were problems with the tv and the phones on those days, and only those days, that the Earth was exposed to the higher radiation.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:22 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
Is there a setting that might allow you to show the clock instead of the channel?
Click on Menu twice on your remote. You will see Setup. Click on Setup. Click on Cable Box Setup. Change the Front LED Display from Channel to Clock. Press exit.

You should now see the clock while you are watching TV.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.