Comcast/Xfinity

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-13-2019, 11:05 AM
Biggles Biggles is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 16
Thanks: 7
Thanked 31 Times in 6 Posts
Default Comcast/Xfinity

Does anyway know the Name and Phone Number of the Comcast/Xfinity customer service person in The Villages. I think its Ron but that's just a guess.
  #2  
Old 11-13-2019, 12:57 PM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,249
Thanks: 2,223
Thanked 807 Times in 402 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
Does anyway know the Name and Phone Number of the Comcast/Xfinity customer service person in The Villages. I think its Ron but that's just a guess.
Sorry..... all I could find in a search was ( this is old )

Comcast problems

POST #4

Also mentioned in this thread: Help needed with Comcast
__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9

Everytime you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: NOT MY CIRCUS - NOT MY MONKEYS

Last edited by CWGUY; 11-13-2019 at 01:05 PM.
  #3  
Old 11-13-2019, 03:37 PM
MSchad MSchad is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 188
Thanks: 414
Thanked 158 Times in 61 Posts
Default

I thought the Comcast office was in Leesburg. Didn’t realize there was something within the villages.
  #4  
Old 11-13-2019, 03:50 PM
bandsdavis bandsdavis is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 588
Thanks: 0
Thanked 31 Times in 22 Posts
Default comcast rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
Does anyway know the Name and Phone Number of the Comcast/Xfinity customer service person in The Villages. I think its Ron but that's just a guess.
The person we worked with was Ben Meadows. He was out of work for a while but I believe he is back. 352-460-7391
  #5  
Old 11-13-2019, 05:21 PM
villagetinker's Avatar
villagetinker villagetinker is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Village of Pinellas
Posts: 6,098
Thanks: 0
Thanked 730 Times in 352 Posts
Default

I just went to the dentist today, comcast coming to the house tomorrow, not sure which is going to be more painful..........
__________________
Pennsylvania, for 60+ years, most recently, Allentown, now TV.
  #6  
Old 11-13-2019, 05:32 PM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 4,676
Thanks: 284
Thanked 2,541 Times in 945 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I just went to the dentist today, comcast coming to the house tomorrow, not sure which is going to be more painful..........
I think you need a new dentist. My dentist uses Lidocaine. But, I think the new Xfinity store at 441 and Rolling Acres is very helpful. You can go online and make an appointment for just about anything you need.
  #7  
Old 11-13-2019, 08:33 PM
villagetinker's Avatar
villagetinker villagetinker is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Village of Pinellas
Posts: 6,098
Thanks: 0
Thanked 730 Times in 352 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I think you need a new dentist. My dentist uses Lidocaine. But, I think the new Xfinity store at 441 and Rolling Acres is very helpful. You can go online and make an appointment for just about anything you need.
I did that it appears the equipment (modem) they gave me is defective, so the tech is coming out to "fix" the problem....
__________________
Pennsylvania, for 60+ years, most recently, Allentown, now TV.
  #8  
Old 11-13-2019, 08:41 PM
Nucky's Avatar
Nucky Nucky is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 9,971
Thanks: 2,505
Thanked 1,398 Times in 669 Posts
Default

Hey VT. Once the pain subsides give this a try. MOTOROLA MG7540 16x4 Cable Modem Plus AC1600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with DFS, 686 Mbps Maximum DOCSIS 3.0 - Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter Spectrum, More. It works like a charm and according to our records, we've had it for 54 weeks with no problemo! It was $130. You are in the $$ Money $$ after 11 months.

I'd pick the Dentist for $600 Alex! It's about time I helped you a little bit!
  #9  
Old 11-13-2019, 09:20 PM
iaudit iaudit is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 338
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I did that it appears the equipment (modem) they gave me is defective, so the tech is coming out to "fix" the problem....
I just had Comcast installed last week with their $13 modem/router rental. Had trouble staying connected from day 1. Since I had a router already, I ordered a $59 modem from Amazon. Self installed it yesterday and is working great. Should recoup the cost in about 5 months. They have been using the same Arris modem/router for many years. Could tell the one they installed last week has been around awhile by how dirty and banged up it looks.
  #10  
Old 11-14-2019, 07:23 AM
Sundance Orange Sundance Orange is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 25
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

We have been having issues since switching to Xfinity but the last technician replaced a couple of splitters and that seemed to fix our problem. Amen! He was an actual Xfinity employee and not a contracted person.
  #11  
Old 11-14-2019, 08:59 AM
Ben Franklin's Avatar
Ben Franklin Ben Franklin is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 124
Thanks: 44
Thanked 79 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Hey VT. Once the pain subsides give this a try. MOTOROLA MG7540 16x4 Cable Modem Plus AC1600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with DFS, 686 Mbps Maximum DOCSIS 3.0 - Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter Spectrum, More. It works like a charm and according to our records, we've had it for 54 weeks with no problemo! It was $130. You are in the $$ Money $$ after 11 months.

I'd pick the Dentist for $600 Alex! It's about time I helped you a little bit!
We have had that same router, for about a year now, without any problems, either. We refer to Comcast as Crapcast, because their customer service is s....y.
  #12  
Old 11-14-2019, 09:25 AM
Velvet's Avatar
Velvet Velvet is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 2,209
Thanks: 353
Thanked 1,333 Times in 568 Posts
Default

Having heard the stories about Comcast, and Xfinity I figured out the speed we wanted in a modem (about 300 Mbps) and the recommended Xfinity modem. I asked what their rental modem was and the Xfinity person said the rental modems are quite old. So instead of renting I bought the Arris Surfboard AC1600 for $120 at Best Buy and picked it up at Lady Lake. When the Xfinity people arrived, 2 guys in their late twenties, I asked them to set up the internet in such a way that I received a strong enough signal in every room in the house. I said, “Gentlemen, I would like you not to leave until every room and the lanai works.” They said this and that but finally all rooms got fast enough signals before they left the house. So far according to my Ring security cameras it is still working.
  #13  
Old 11-15-2019, 12:58 PM
villagetinker's Avatar
villagetinker villagetinker is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Village of Pinellas
Posts: 6,098
Thanks: 0
Thanked 730 Times in 352 Posts
Default

OK, here is the update, ended up with 2 Comcast techs here for at least an hour. Modem was fine, there was a problem with the signal level (note: this was "repaired" about 3 months ago. Anyway, they were able to provide a temporary fix until another team comes to fix the signal from the main office to the post in the back yard. All in all these guys were very pleasant, answered my questions and explained what was going on.
So everything is working.
__________________
Pennsylvania, for 60+ years, most recently, Allentown, now TV.
  #14  
Old 11-15-2019, 02:02 PM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,362
Thanks: 2,239
Thanked 2,696 Times in 826 Posts
Default

Comcast is great, until something goes wrong. Then they insist on making an appointment to have someone come into your house, check wires, replace wires, tell you that you're doing something wrong, tell you they can't figure out what the problem is, spend an hour rebooting and reconfiguring everything several times, and then leaving- with the same problem you had when you called to tell them something was wrong. When you call them back to tell them it's still not working - they say they have to send someone out.

We finally gave up even trying to get things fixed and decided that when we moved we'd have just the internet with Comcast since it's incredibly reliable. I'd buy the modem and router myself, hook it up myself, we'd do without landline phone (which I will regret to my dying day and hopefully I'll be able to convince the spouse we should get POTS anyway), and we'd cut the cord for the TV and get what we need with a device that neither of us know a damned thing about.
  #15  
Old 11-15-2019, 02:41 PM
Robbie0723 Robbie0723 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 587
Thanks: 425
Thanked 254 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post

We finally gave up even trying to get things fixed and decided that when we moved we'd have just the internet with Comcast since it's incredibly reliable. I'd buy the modem and router myself, hook it up myself, we'd do without landline phone (which I will regret to my dying day and hopefully I'll be able to convince the spouse we should get POTS anyway), and we'd cut the cord for the TV and get what we need with a device that neither of us know a damned thing about.
OOMA is a nice VOIP replacement for a landline:

VoIP Phone Service - Get #1 Internet Phone for Home + Business | Ooma

I don't believe they are running POTS wire in the new area's. Seems to be gigabit fiber to the post and coax to the home.
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast/xfinity, villages, ron, guess, service

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.