Comcast/Xfinity

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2019, 11:05 AM
Default Comcast/Xfinity

Does anyway know the Name and Phone Number of the Comcast/Xfinity customer service person in The Villages. I think its Ron but that's just a guess.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
Does anyway know the Name and Phone Number of the Comcast/Xfinity customer service person in The Villages. I think its Ron but that's just a guess.
Sorry..... all I could find in a search was ( this is old )

Comcast problems

POST #4

Also mentioned in this thread: Help needed with Comcast

Last edited by CWGUY; 11-13-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:37 PM

I thought the Comcast office was in Leesburg. Didn’t realize there was something within the villages.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:50 PM
Veteran member
Default comcast rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
The person we worked with was Ben Meadows. He was out of work for a while but I believe he is back. 352-460-7391
Old 11-13-2019, 05:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

I just went to the dentist today, comcast coming to the house tomorrow, not sure which is going to be more painful..........
Old 11-13-2019, 05:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I just went to the dentist today, comcast coming to the house tomorrow, not sure which is going to be more painful..........
I think you need a new dentist. My dentist uses Lidocaine. But, I think the new Xfinity store at 441 and Rolling Acres is very helpful. You can go online and make an appointment for just about anything you need.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I think you need a new dentist. My dentist uses Lidocaine. But, I think the new Xfinity store at 441 and Rolling Acres is very helpful. You can go online and make an appointment for just about anything you need.
I did that it appears the equipment (modem) they gave me is defective, so the tech is coming out to "fix" the problem....
Old 11-13-2019, 08:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Hey VT. Once the pain subsides give this a try. MOTOROLA MG7540 16x4 Cable Modem Plus AC1600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with DFS, 686 Mbps Maximum DOCSIS 3.0 - Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter Spectrum, More. It works like a charm and according to our records, we've had it for 54 weeks with no problemo! It was $130. You are in the $$ Money $$ after 11 months.

I'd pick the Dentist for $600 Alex! It's about time I helped you a little bit!
Old 11-13-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I did that it appears the equipment (modem) they gave me is defective, so the tech is coming out to "fix" the problem....
I just had Comcast installed last week with their $13 modem/router rental. Had trouble staying connected from day 1. Since I had a router already, I ordered a $59 modem from Amazon. Self installed it yesterday and is working great. Should recoup the cost in about 5 months. They have been using the same Arris modem/router for many years. Could tell the one they installed last week has been around awhile by how dirty and banged up it looks.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:23 AM

We have been having issues since switching to Xfinity but the last technician replaced a couple of splitters and that seemed to fix our problem. Amen! He was an actual Xfinity employee and not a contracted person.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Hey VT. Once the pain subsides give this a try. MOTOROLA MG7540 16x4 Cable Modem Plus AC1600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with DFS, 686 Mbps Maximum DOCSIS 3.0 - Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter Spectrum, More. It works like a charm and according to our records, we've had it for 54 weeks with no problemo! It was $130. You are in the $$ Money $$ after 11 months.

I'd pick the Dentist for $600 Alex! It's about time I helped you a little bit!
We have had that same router, for about a year now, without any problems, either. We refer to Comcast as Crapcast, because their customer service is s....y.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

Having heard the stories about Comcast, and Xfinity I figured out the speed we wanted in a modem (about 300 Mbps) and the recommended Xfinity modem. I asked what their rental modem was and the Xfinity person said the rental modems are quite old. So instead of renting I bought the Arris Surfboard AC1600 for $120 at Best Buy and picked it up at Lady Lake. When the Xfinity people arrived, 2 guys in their late twenties, I asked them to set up the internet in such a way that I received a strong enough signal in every room in the house. I said, “Gentlemen, I would like you not to leave until every room and the lanai works.” They said this and that but finally all rooms got fast enough signals before they left the house. So far according to my Ring security cameras it is still working.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:58 PM
Sage

OK, here is the update, ended up with 2 Comcast techs here for at least an hour. Modem was fine, there was a problem with the signal level (note: this was "repaired" about 3 months ago. Anyway, they were able to provide a temporary fix until another team comes to fix the signal from the main office to the post in the back yard. All in all these guys were very pleasant, answered my questions and explained what was going on.
So everything is working.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Comcast is great, until something goes wrong. Then they insist on making an appointment to have someone come into your house, check wires, replace wires, tell you that you're doing something wrong, tell you they can't figure out what the problem is, spend an hour rebooting and reconfiguring everything several times, and then leaving- with the same problem you had when you called to tell them something was wrong. When you call them back to tell them it's still not working - they say they have to send someone out.

We finally gave up even trying to get things fixed and decided that when we moved we'd have just the internet with Comcast since it's incredibly reliable. I'd buy the modem and router myself, hook it up myself, we'd do without landline phone (which I will regret to my dying day and hopefully I'll be able to convince the spouse we should get POTS anyway), and we'd cut the cord for the TV and get what we need with a device that neither of us know a damned thing about.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post

We finally gave up even trying to get things fixed and decided that when we moved we'd have just the internet with Comcast since it's incredibly reliable. I'd buy the modem and router myself, hook it up myself, we'd do without landline phone (which I will regret to my dying day and hopefully I'll be able to convince the spouse we should get POTS anyway), and we'd cut the cord for the TV and get what we need with a device that neither of us know a damned thing about.
OOMA is a nice VOIP replacement for a landline:

VoIP Phone Service - Get #1 Internet Phone for Home + Business | Ooma

I don't believe they are running POTS wire in the new area's. Seems to be gigabit fiber to the post and coax to the home.
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast/xfinity, villages, ron, guess, service

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.