The Crown - Season 4

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2020, 08:43 PM
Sage
Default The Crown - Season 4

For fans of "The Crown" what do you think of Season 4? How do you like the portrayals of Princess Diana and Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher? I'm enjoying Season 4 a lot. Better than Season 3.

I always wonder how many members of the Royal Family watch this. I'm betting Princes William and Harry are not watching Season 4.

I still think Claire Foy and Matt Smith (the original Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip) could have played these roles for all 4 seasons (with the appropriate aging makeup). But Olivia Colman and Tobias Menzies are doing well in these roles.
Old 12-01-2020, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
For fans of "The Crown" what do you think of Season 4? How do you like the portrayals of Princess Diana and Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher? I'm enjoying Season 4 a lot. Better than Season 3.

I always wonder how many members of the Royal Family watch this. I'm betting Princes William and Harry are not watching Season 4.

I still think Claire Foy and Matt Smith (the original Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip) could have played these roles for all 4 seasons (with the appropriate aging makeup). But Olivia Colman and Tobias Menzies are doing well in these roles.
Loved it. All three main actresses did an excellent job-Gillian Anderson, Helena Bonham Carter and Olivia Colman. The actress playing Diana didn't seem to have Diana's presence, maybe because I didn't care for her wigs. I do not know how historically accurate it is, but I thought it was good television.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up Hooked

I decided to take a look at Season 1 and was hooked. I thought the whole Series was well done and did a fine job of portraying the British and the Royals. Regarding Season 4, if someone wanted to pick at it I am sure they could find some reason's but overall it remained loyal to the Series. I would only alert some
to be careful if you sign on to Series 1 you may be or will be hooked for the rest.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:52 AM

We have enjoyed the entire series. The biggest lesson for me - I would never trade my own life as a commoner for the riches that come with centuries of tradition and the public spot light binding my everyday actions. Also, I have come away with a greater appreciation for the Queen and the difficulty of her position.
Old 12-13-2020, 10:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtennent View Post
We have enjoyed the entire series. The biggest lesson for me - I would never trade my own life as a commoner for the riches that come with centuries of tradition and the public spot light binding my everyday actions. Also, I have come away with a greater appreciation for the Queen and the difficulty of her position.
I agree with you. As a I commented a few weeks ago on Facebook, the senior Royal family members are like birds in a gilded cage. They live in a very beautiful and lavish cage with many perks, but they are in a cage nonetheless. Their lives are not truly their own.

I don't blame Harry for wanting a life independent of the Royal family. He knows he will never be King. For him, the advantages of leading an "ordinary" (although still very privileged) life outweighed the disadvantages. Time will tell if he made the right decision.
Old 12-22-2020, 01:37 PM
Default The Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post

I love the series as well. Agree on keeping original queen and prince but have taken to the new ones. Wish there was more good programming on theses days. Too much reality which is mostly staged, home reno and cooks who play to be chefs with recipes you can find anywhere. IMHO
Closed Thread

Tags
season, crown, roles, claire, foy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.