Cut the cord, now have sling but want local channels.

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2020, 09:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,682 Times in 5,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
Thanks to all who responded to my initial post! I have learned a lot from you all.I need to checkout these other services beyond sling. But I had one further wish. We have a bunch of TV's in the house and lanai and I would like to be able to access what ever service I use on all TV's (certainly not more than 2-4 TV's at one time) Just thinking for say football I would like to view the game in the family room, den and lanai at the same time. Any suggestions? Thanks again! Villagers are the greatest!!!
I think Youtube TV allows about 6 or 7 TVs to use the same subscription, but only 3 of them can be streaming at the same time.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbaygirl View Post
You can try the app Locast. It locates the local stations and actually gives you a guide that looks like a cable guide. They will ask for you to donate though I don't believe it's required. Don't know if Orlando is on it yet but they are adding cities all the time.
Just tried this app. Orlando is not included at this time. Selected Tampa and got an error that I was out of the area or something. Bummer. I would rather get news from Tampa even if Orlando was available.

kathy
Old 08-12-2020, 10:53 PM

Get a fire stick. I have 3 TVs and pay nothing. You can download local news stations. So much to watch. Utube is free. Best move ever.
Old 08-12-2020, 11:39 PM

If you want to stream the local TV news in Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota, Miami, or other places around the state, you can do that by searching for things like “Orlando TV Station Live Stream”.

I like to live stream WWSB in Sarasota from Minnesota to see the local news and weather. This doesn’t cost anything. Once you figure out the web address, make a favorite, shortcut, or icon for the streaming site.

I’ve streamed the news and weather from various TV stations around Florida, and the US. Sometimes you just need to search for the city name and TV stations. With that search result you can figure out the TV station call letters, like WFTV in Orlando. Then search for the call letters and live stream.

You then need to figure out when the TV station streams the news. WWSB streams the news several times a day, but doesn’t seem to stream on the weekends. Some TV stations stream a lot more programming than the local news.

If you have a Roku, you can also try searching for the TV station call letters. Many TV streams are available on Roku. All of those streams are free.

During Irma, I was streaming many different Florida TV stations, including WINK. Many had continuous, non-stop, 24 x 7 news and weather with no commercial breaks.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:02 PM

Just the answer I was hoping for! Thank you so very much!!!!
Old 08-13-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
Just the answer I was hoping for! Thank you so very much!!!!
Here's several TV streaming sites you can check out. There are many more, if you do the searching that I described earlier. You'll need to figure out what times and days they stream the news. I think the best times might be around noon, 6 PM, maybe 9 PM, maybe 10 PM. There could be other newscast times too. If you have an HDMI output on your computer, you can hook up your computer to you big screen TV and watch on your big screen TV and audio system instead of the smaller computer screen.

WWSB Sarasota:

Watch Live Newscasts

WFTV Orlando:

Watch Live Orlando News Online | WFTV

WTVT Fox13 Tampa:

Livestream

WPLG Local 10 Miami:

Watch Local 10 News live

CBS 47, Fox 30 Jacksonville:

Watch Action News Jax Live | WJAX-TV
Closed Thread

Tags
cut, golf, local, cord, sling

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.