Russia RT TV

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2019, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Russia RT TV

I have Direct Satellite TV, last night I was watching The Zoo when a very different ad caught my attention. It was a hip hop artist, spray painting a wall and talking about watching real news, not fake news. The whole ad was over and done with so quickly it was difficult to understand what it was selling, other than I noticed the words Russia TV up in one corner. Being a retired researcher from the Defense Industry, my interest was piqued and I did a menu search. Yes, we really do have a Russian News TV program promoted by the official Russian State on our TVs. Anyone else notice this?

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-09-2019, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I have Direct Satellite TV, last night I was watching The Zoo when a very different ad caught my attention. It was a hip hop artist, spray painting a wall and talking about watching real news, not fake news. The whole ad was over and done with so quickly it was difficult to understand what it was selling, other than I noticed the words Russia TV up in one corner. Being a retired researcher from the Defense Industry, my interest was piqued and I did a menu search. Yes, we really do have a Russian News TV program promoted by the official Russian State on our TVs. Anyone else notice this?
YEP....prolific actually !!! Lots of commentary
Old 12-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

It has been a major source of 'fake news' for many years.
They are masters of the art!
Old 12-09-2019, 10:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
It has been a major source of 'fake news' for many years.
They are masters of the art!
This article was written in 2015, and it has only increased its hold exponentially on YOUTUBE.

"RT is implementing a sophisticated YouTube program that targets specific messages at well-defined audiences. In addition to the English-language flagship RT YouTube channel, there are seven additional channels aimed at a specific country or linguistic region: RT America, RT UK, RT France, RT Spanish, RT Russian, RT German, and RT Arabic."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...using-youtube/

Also a bit more current....YouTube '''propaganda vehicle of choice''' for Russia'''s RT, lawmakers say - Business Insider
Old 12-09-2019, 10:59 AM
Sage

Russia State News Outlet RT Thrives on YouTube, Facebook - WSJ

This is from 2017 and getting worse.

RT + FACEBOOK + YOUTUBE = birthplace of all the conspiracy theories, NONE of which has ever come to be proven but poisons minds.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:01 AM
Sage

When I actually saw Russian TV on my TV I was more than p****d. I used to watch Al Jazeera for international information and that was taken off, and now I have Russia in my home! I cannot believe this is being allowed, what's next Saudi Arabia giving me their slant on the news?

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-09-2019, 11:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
When I actually saw Russian TV on my TV I was more than p****d. I used to watch Al Jazeera for international information and that was taken off, and now I have Russia in my home! I cannot believe this is being allowed, what's next Saudi Arabia giving me their slant on the news?
The Saudi thing has already begun if you read current news.

This is so very important yet not allowed on this forum for the reason that you object to RT. BUT, if you read enough, you can see the ongoing con job. Weapons we sell or give to Saudi somehow end up in the hands of al Qaeda-linked fighters, and that includes technology.

But your thread was about RT, and they publicly say how they will manipulate our thinking and are succeeding. Most americans do not get "p****d" if it serves their purpose and, IN MY OPINION, are doing such a disservice to our country. RT has learned that we don't care if you attack us in this way, and will fight among ourselves as we are doing as they wish. IMAGINE if the attack on our very voting process was done with guns.....obviously this is without gunfire, but accomplishes the same thing but no uproar in our country.

RT, in direction of the home state has got our country supporting everything that Russia wishes.....and it is being done with no risk it seems

Last edited by Bucco; 12-09-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Oh Boy!!
Old 12-09-2019, 11:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Missed that.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:05 PM
Veteran member

Voice of America !!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2019, 01:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
Voice of America !!!!!!!!
I think I understand your point, but to my knowledge, NEVER did our country directly, nor even have the capabilities to spread conspiracy theories to divide any other country.

If I am wrong, please correct me.

I do not think, at least IMHO, VOA justifies what has been done to this country. Without being specific, I know of NOT ONE of the various conspiracy theories that has EVER been proven, although they have all been investigated,

Certainly VOA had a similar objective but what is being sown by them in our country is affixed in the minds of many, and now all polls show an affinity to Russia versus any other Ally, and to Russian goals. Add, as noted by the OP, the Saudis (not yet even condemned for what happened to 3 of our navy guys) continuing war on freedoms.

Well, as has been said, it is what it is, however, FACTS and history will show my attitude to be the correct one. Hoping we are not permanently losing allies who have stuck with us as a result of a well planned attack on democracy.

Maybe I am just old and recall the days when Russian aggression and behavior was a bad thing......today, and most recently they have been suspended from all international sporting events for cheating....they aggression and killing continues unabated toward various countries, so nothing there has changed.....but obviously it has in my country,
Old 12-09-2019, 02:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Denigrating decades old close allies and great American institutions, while embracing and showing adulation for murdering despots/dictators/kings/authoritarians, is something I would have once bet big money that I would never see...in this great country.

I would have lost that bet.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:40 AM

Yes...All of the world watches fake news CNN....They laugh and see how divided we are. So now Russia sees how powerful and controlling it can be to spread lies and propaganda around the world and now they are infiltrating the world with their station, RT.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts12755 View Post
Yes...All of the world watches fake news CNN....They laugh and see how divided we are. So now Russia sees how powerful and controlling it can be to spread lies and propaganda around the world and now they are infiltrating the world with their station, RT.
Please specify one bit of fake news that you allude to on CNN

Thanks
Old 12-10-2019, 08:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts12755 View Post
CNN is recognized all over the world as a reputable news forum; you cannot travel to anywhere in this world without seeing CNN in your hotel room, cruise ship, on your flights, in the airports. CNN may not be what you want to HEAR, but I hardly think they would have survived all these years if they were pushing fake news. My personal choice for world news would be the BBC, CNN may not be on a par with the BBC, but they are not far behind!

Closed Thread

Tags
news, russia, russian, watching, piqued

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.