Duggars

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2015, 08:09 PM
Gold member
Default Duggars

I actually watched that show, I fell into the notion that at least the kids seems normal...well adjusted and for all appearances seems happy....Up until I realized they were bred to care for the additional siblings.

Michele Duggar always has a bland expression on he face, seems like shes dozed or drugged, and it cant be from working because the kids do everything for her....She delivers them, cares for them when there small, then adds there care to a older childs jurisdiction.... and gets pregnant again.....

The two girls getting pregnant on there honeymoon.... not the best example for teens....and they seems to be following in moms footsteps.

But this new thing Josh molesting his sisters......His wife Anna has the same dozed drug look on her face as does Michele....hummmm....

These people are probably not the learning experience that TLC was hoping for.

......you can't fix this one..
Old 05-23-2015, 08:43 PM
Platinum member

I had not heard that he was molesting his sisters. I heard he was molesting young girls when he was a teenager....but his sisters?? Yikes, I hope not.

It's also strange that this happened a long time ago, has been investigated for over 10 years. He told his parents and his wife knew about it before marriage....but now all of a sudden it's being addressed?

I saw the show once many years ago. My granddaughter liked it. The whole thing sounds strange. They seemed to be such a wholesome Christian family. I don't know how it all of a sudden is in the news???
Old 05-23-2015, 08:54 PM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

He stumbled, fell and confessed. What he did long ago was wrong. Later, much later, he dared express his personal opinions on another matter. You know, free speech etc. That was, in the eyes of some elements, very wrong to do…very wrong. He was fair game. It took a while, but the pandering media got him and his family.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I was very saddened by hearing this.

I may not have agreed with them on some issues but I thought them to be a good example of what they believed in and they could afford their large family.

What made it so bad to me was the cover up.

I watched a few episodes at the beginning, but it their lifestyle was too extreme for me to continue.

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-24-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:24 AM
Gold member

I have a feeling that Josh and family will be back in Arkansas soon selling used cars again. He has resigned his job in Washington, pulled out of a speech at a home schooling conference. Somehow Josh served no time for his actions, most teenagers who molested would not be so lucky.
They do appear to be a happy family, but so insular, so isolated from others their own ages. The two girls get married move into houses provided by Dad, get pregnant immediately and life goes on. They all just seem so naive.
When you're a "celebrity" if there is something bad in your past someone will eventually expose it.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:45 AM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
I have a feeling that Josh and family will be back in Arkansas soon selling used cars again. He has resigned his job in Washington, pulled out of a speech at a home schooling conference. Somehow Josh served no time for his actions, most teenagers who molested would not be so lucky.
They do appear to be a happy family, but so insular, so isolated from others their own ages. The two girls get married move into houses provided by Dad, get pregnant immediately and life goes on. They all just seem so naive.
When you're a "celebrity" if there is something bad in your past someone will eventually expose it.

What gets me about these people is their hypocrisy. They're out there railing against other people with different lifestyles, and yet all the time they are harboring a child molester. Another young person in the same situation would be branded a sex offender for life.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:49 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onslowe View Post
It took a while, but the pandering media got him and his family.
The real pandering media should no longer be carried by cable providers.
After Tiaras and Toddlers, Honey Boo Boo, and now the Duggars, I think The Learning Channel should rebrand themselves as TPC (The Pedophile Channel) and just go away.
Suffering from TV envy
Old 05-24-2015, 11:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakernc View Post
the real pandering media should no longer be carried by cable providers.
After tiaras and toddlers, honey boo boo, and now the duggars, i think the learning channel should rebrand themselves as tpc (the pedophile channel) and just go away.
amen!
Old 05-25-2015, 12:20 AM
Veteran member

Did something happen on Toddlers and Tiaras to have it taken off the air?
Old 05-25-2015, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakerNC View Post
After Tiaras and Toddlers, Honey Boo Boo, and now the Duggars, I think The Learning Channel should rebrand themselves as TPC (The Pedophile Channel) and just go away.
Others are saying TLC = Touch Little Children
Old 05-25-2015, 03:11 AM

So you can't kiss until your married but you can molest your sisters!

Yes..it was 4 sisters and a friend. Not the oldest sister but the next 4 sisters. The youngest was 4 or 5 at the time.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakerNC View Post
Now Mama June is threatening to sue TLC for a million bucks if they don't put her back on the air after the Duggar disaster!

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 05-25-2015, 08:48 AM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
Now Mama June is threatening to sue TLC for a million bucks if they don't put her back on the air after the Duggar disaster!

And this is one of the many reasons that the Duggars will never be back.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

The Duggars are like many families with traditional religious values in the world today.

I don't agree with a lot of their values but I think they are trying to live a good life.

Unfortunately and sadly people do bad things. Not only religious ones but those who aren't.

It is more shocking when we read about those that we considered above sin, sinning, or making mistakes or doing something really bad; whatever you choose to call it.

Most of us started our lives when sex before marriage was not the norm or encouraged or accepted.

It made for a lot of younger people getting married back then.

Times have changed but some people still hold those same values.

I find it hard enough to paddle my own canoe when it comes to ethics.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:14 PM
Sage

Gracie, most of us are up a creek without a paddle...you are a gem...

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.