For Fans of Downton Abbey?

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2016, 02:04 PM
Sage
Default For Fans of Downton Abbey?

If you've missed "Downton Abbey", there is a new, just-released period drama on Netflix. It is "The Crown," which follows the life of Queen Elizabeth II, starting with her marriage to Phillip Montbatten. Very well written with beautiful scenery and attention to detail like DA. There are ten episodes in Season One, available all at once, so you don't have to wait a week for the next installment.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:54 PM
Platinum member

Thanks ever so much. I am in DA withdrawal.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:59 PM
Gold member

Already watched 1st four Crown episodes. Very well done and certainly "Dowton Abbyish".
Old 01-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Sage
Default The Crown 4 Stars

Now I'm hooked on "The Crown" on Netflix. For those of you missing Downton Abbey, definitely check out this series on Netflix.

Great acting all around. With Queen Elizabeth now 90 and Prince Phillip 95, it's interesting to see portrayals of them in their 20's.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:07 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

I really liked "The Crown."

And there is more good stuff coming.......

"Victoria" Season I starts January 15 on PBS. (I actually am going to put this on the calendar because I don't want to forget it.)
Old 01-01-2017, 08:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I really liked "The Crown."

And there is more good stuff coming.......

"Victoria" Season I starts January 15 on PBS. (I actually am going to put this on the calendar because I don't want to forget it.)
Boomer, Thank you for posting the start date of "Victoria." That series looks to be quite interesting.

And for a very different role for Michele Dockery who played Lady Mary Crawley on Downton Abbey, check out "Good Behavior" on TNT Tuesday nights. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but the role is very different from her role on DA.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:59 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Boomer, Thank you for posting the start date of "Victoria." That series looks to be quite interesting.

And for a very different role for Michele Dockery who played Lady Mary Crawley on Downton Abbey, check out "Good Behavior" on TNT Tuesday nights. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but the role is very different from her role on DA.
Oh my goodness. How funny. My daughter just told me the exact same thing.

She was hooked on Downton Abbey, too. In fact, we went to see the clothes when they were on tour. Gorgeous. Especially Lady Mary's clothes.

She said she has been watching "Good Behavior" but it is kind of hard to stop seeing Lady Mary.

I think I will see if I can find it and give it a try, if only to see if I can see past Lady Mary.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:23 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post

Well, Schaumburger, a week and a day ago, I responded to your post and said I was going to check out "Good Behavior" and I did.......every single episode.......on "On Demand."

Oh my! Oh dear! Oh my deah Lady Mary, whatevah has come over you........

And, oh my goodness, after the last episode, I was feeling sorry for the hitman. (although I sure did not like him at that first episode hit)

It is entertaining. She is, of course, gorgeous --no matter what color wig she puts on to disguise herself to carry out her.....uh........um.....madcap capers. (insert sarcastic emoticon here) I checked the closet at the Hilton Garden recently.

The show is informative......I learned to never try to drive a stolen Tesla through some areas of the south. But I must give Lady Mary credit where it is due -- she read the manual while the hitman was driving and trying to find a place to charge the thing.

But I wish it would stop raining all the time -- that's overkill of a metaphor.

My DVR is set.

Boomer the Bingewatcher
Old 01-15-2017, 08:18 AM
Soaring Parsley

Reminder:

Tonight on PBS Masterpiece, the first episode of "Victoria" at 9:00.

You can find out more at pbs.org.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:40 AM
Soaring Parsley

I watched "Victoria" last night -- sort of. (I fell asleep. But I will watch the recording for the parts I missed.)

I don't think I am going to like it as much as "The Crown" but that might be because I am more familiar with the reign of Elizabeth II than that of Victoria. And "The Crown" has John Lithgow.

I will keep watching "Victoria" though. Besdes, those Victorians were an interesting bunch. I hope we will learn more about the regular people of those times, too.

PS: EEK! and (blush) -- I just looked back at this thread and realized that I have a lineup of posts in a row -- from MEEEE! EEK! and (blush) A near monologue! Oh well, too late now......I must slink away........for the day.........HAH! And friends want to know why I am NOT on Facebook........

Last edited by Boomer; 01-16-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Watched the first two episodes of The Crown on Netflix. The production values are major motion picture quality.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
abbey, downton, ten, episodes, scenery

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.