Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Television (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/)
-   -   Fargo. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/fargo-111662/)

applesoffh 05-25-2014 09:39 PM

We loved the movie and love the TV show!

Indydealmaker 05-25-2014 10:03 PM

Fargo is surreal and aggravating and good entertainment all wrapped up in a retro-package.

Bonnevie 05-26-2014 08:07 AM

love Lester....such a dork but actually has flashes of brilliance in his deviousness...

Bruiser1 05-26-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 863582)
Very well done series so far. Very dark comedy. I lived in Minnesota from the late Summer of 1986 through November 1991 and probably came across ten people who actually talk like this. This was while I lived in the downtown Minneapolis area often near the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities main campus. Two of those academic years while at Law School were in one of if not in the biggest dorm on that campus-- Middlebrook Hall. So I did encounter many Minnesotans. Most of the people attending the U were from Minnesota especially the undergrads in the dorm.

Cannot wait to see how this series unfolds.

Outstanding program. Billy Bob is a scene stealer and great character actor . As far as the accent -of course that is an exaggeration. Coen brothers are true craftsman. The scenery (shot in Calgary) is nonetheless credible as Minnesota.

If you would like to see Billy Bob in another Minnesota based movie-He is in "A simple plan" . As always he brings any role to life.:gc:

CFrance 05-26-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnevie (Post 883214)
love Lester....such a dork but actually has flashes of brilliance in his deviousness...

he has pretty good luck, too--so far!

Taltarzac725 05-26-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 883417)
he has pretty good luck, too--so far!

We will have to see how long this lasts. Colin Hanks is doing a very good job with his character.

Taltarzac725 05-28-2014 02:57 PM

That did kind of look like a mountain that is actually in Reno, Nevada in the episode of Fargo last night. http://www.summitpost.org/peavine-peak/269626

I have only been in Fargo at night when I took an Amtrak train from Minneapolis to Seattle back around December 1987. Cool trip except with my often kind of Perils of Pauline kind of experiences, the train broke down in Idaho! Not for long though.

Billyg 05-28-2014 03:22 PM

The show is so absorbing that ya know I've lost track of the plot!
Anyone care to give me a synopsis?

Taltarzac725 05-28-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billyg (Post 884451)
The show is so absorbing that ya know I've lost track of the plot!
Anyone care to give me a synopsis?

This has one up through the next to last Episode as of May 28, 2014--

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargo_(TV_series)

Taltarzac725 06-05-2014 05:28 PM

I am still having a lot of fun with Fargo.

Las Vegas probably is very different from the last time I had been there. This was when moving my parents from Reno, NV to Scottsdale in the late Spring (May) of 1984.

They showed some of Las Vegas in this week's episode of Fargo. Anyone been to Vegas more recently?

That duo from MadTV can act.

Bonnevie 06-06-2014 02:27 PM

can't wait for next episode. looks like Lester can't leave well enough alone.
everyone on this show is great. the sheriff makes me want to scream but then he does something so clueless...like serving cake with gun parts on the frosting to the victim of a shooting and a widow of someone shot....it's so funny

Taltarzac725 06-06-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnevie (Post 888922)
can't wait for next episode. looks like Lester can't leave well enough alone.
everyone on this show is great. the sheriff makes me want to scream but then he does something so clueless...like serving cake with gun parts on the frosting to the victim of a shooting and a widow of someone shot....it's so funny

I have met quite a few people like that clueless sheriff.

Bonnevie 06-15-2014 12:45 PM

oh, Lester, I actually kind of gave you the benefit of the doubt because all the people you turned on were pretty awful people....but you lost me when you sent that poor, sweet, wife to her death. can't wait to see you get yours now.

Taltarzac725 06-15-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnevie (Post 893354)
oh, Lester, I actually kind of gave you the benefit of the doubt because all the people you turned on were pretty awful people....but you lost me when you sent that poor, sweet, wife to her death. can't wait to see you get yours now.

Will have to see if he can get out of this huge mess he has created. His personality sure has changed from the milquetoast to the slick super salesman.

Bonnevie 06-16-2014 12:04 PM

yep and he's gone from reacting to a bad situation to anticipating one and taking action.