How’s Ken doing?

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2021, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike234 View Post
if you put on andeerson Cooper, I turn the station. if you put on Katie auric, I am gone. Savana Guthrie, also gone.....try Brooke burns. smart, can read, and as far as I know, no political nonsense from her.....but ken Jennings is doing fine, sign him and all is well.
I'm waiting to see a non-TV celebrity like Aaron Rodgers the quarterback, that should be interesting. He was a contestant on celebrity week, so he knows what he's getting involved with. I'm sure they will doing dry runs prior to the live broadcast, which would include coaching and watching themselves on playback.
Old 02-16-2021, 10:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike234 View Post
if you put on andeerson Cooper, I turn the station. if you put on Katie auric, I am gone. Savana Guthrie, also gone.....try Brooke burns. smart, can read, and as far as I know, no political nonsense from her.....but ken Jennings is doing fine, sign him and all is well.
I wonder why you don't want Anderson, Katie or Savanah? Why would you think there would be political nonsense? It kills me that suddenly people feel negative about the incredibly smart atty Savanah Guthie....because she spanked MR. X so badly a few months ago? She really showed the world his intelligence level....it was great. Oh yeah, he had a problem with Leslie Stahl also....hummm, I sense a pattern here.
Old 02-16-2021, 10:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Ok, Ken Jennings IMO doing great on Jeopardy. At first I was on the fence. But I got use to him?
He was a bit stiff in the beginning, in my opinion, but seems to have become more comfortable as the weeks have progressed. There are other guest hosts slated for future shows so it will be interesting to see who becomes the permanent host. Alex left big shoes to fill and there will never be another like him. He was a guest in our living rooms for so many years, he became family. I always thought that Ken Jennings would be perfect.
Old 02-16-2021, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
...It kills me that suddenly people feel negative about the incredibly smart atty Savanah Guthie....because she spanked MR. X so badly a few months ago? She really showed the world his intelligence level....it was great. Oh yeah, he had a problem with Leslie Stahl also....hummm, I sense a pattern here.
That just goes to prove Mike's point, she couldn't do an interview without getting political to the extent of being bias toward the person she was interviewing.

I remember Savannah from CourTV, I was regular viewer when it was first aired in the late 90s until it went the air, and Savannah was a courthouse reporter. She does tend to let politics get into her questions. I was regular viewer of the Today Show since I was a kid in the 50s with Dave Garroway, and watched right to Matt Lauer. The Savannah, Hoda, and the rest on the Today Show now, has ruined what was a great morning show and I quit watching.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:01 AM

Like Ken Jennings a lot, and at least he seems to get through all the questions, something that I did not like about Alex, to much B.S
Old 02-16-2021, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
That just goes to prove Mike's point, she couldn't do an interview without getting political to the extent of being bias toward the person she was interviewing.

I remember Savannah from CourTV, I was regular viewer when it was first aired in the late 90s until it went the air, and Savannah was a courthouse reporter. She does tend to let politics get into her questions. I was regular viewer of the Today Show since I was a kid in the 50s with Dave Garroway, and watched right to Matt Lauer. The Savannah, Hoda, and the rest on the Today Show now, has ruined what was a great morning show and I quit watching.
Ditto for my wife and I we both tabled the Today Show.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:07 AM

He has pleasant energy. Contestants feel at ease.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Ok, Ken Jennings IMO doing great on Jeopardy. At first I was on the fence. But I got use to him?
I care more about a Ken Doll than some Ken on a show that I would NEVER watch. I PROUDLY would never watch ANY game show. I might watch a chess match - MIGHT?
Old 02-16-2021, 12:17 PM

With Ken the cream has certainly risen to the top. Personally, I don't think I'll be re-programmed in time to watch Katie Couric. But seeing as how she already knows everything about everybody, she must already know this.
Old 02-16-2021, 12:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I care more about a Ken Doll than some Ken on a show that I would NEVER watch. I PROUDLY would never watch ANY game show. I might watch a chess match - MIGHT?
Just wondering if you have any problem with some of the questions??
Old 02-16-2021, 12:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post

I see it that she was standing up to him and giving him straight on questions that he couldn't handle...especially from a women...again, same thing with Leslie Stahl. Hes a dominator and when he can't, he pouts.

Today show, not so good anymore...my opinion...do we really need 3 hrs a day?
Old 02-16-2021, 01:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
I think if a person would watch a chess match over a game show, its not because they can't answer the questions...on contraire.
Old 02-16-2021, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
I might or maybe not. I have never tried. The whole game show-thing seems a little lightweight to me - kind of like afternoon soap operas, which I would not watch also. I don't watch dancing with the stars either, although I would consider that medium-weight, not lightweight. I never watch horse racing because I have never owned a horse and not even close to a thoroughbred racehorse. I never watch Nascar because I don't get off on watching car wrecks - and driving around in circles seems strange. Drag races with stock cars would seem more reasonable to me, but I would not watch it on TV or in person. I don't even slow down and gawk at a roadside accident with police there. I would not watch a competition about show dogs. I might watch a dog obedience trial or a retriever trial. To summarize ------I think that what a person does NOT watch on TV or in person is just as meaningful about them as what they DO watch.
Old 02-17-2021, 06:35 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,136 Times in 881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranford61 View Post
I agree. I emailed Jeopardy.com and expressed my happiness with Ken. He’s quick, kind, smart and humble. Not to mention he would be totally dedicated as others have had previous tv gigs. You should also email Jeopardy.com before they turn it into a host-centered carousel of stars. It’s about the game.
Agreed, I've already sent an email and a tweet with my recommendation to keep Ken as a permanent host.
Old 02-17-2021, 08:18 AM
Veteran member

My wife doesn't like him, but I think of the three masterminds, he is the best fit. Thank god they didn't pick the other arrogant ...
Closed Thread

Tags
ken, how’s, fence, jeopardy, great

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.