I missed Rosanne Barr's new show.

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2018, 04:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Does that mean you disagree or agree...with what she tweeted?

BTW, I rephrased my post.
I disagree with what she Tweeted. Then again I would have no idea about it if it wasn't posted here and all over the internet since I don't do Twitter.

I don't much care what any of the Hollywood types have to say..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-29-2018, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I disagree with what she Tweeted. Then again I would have no idea about it if it wasn't posted here and all over the internet since I don't do Twitter.

I don't much care what any of the Hollywood types have to say..
and here I totally agree with you. Had no idea of this new round of tweets and would never have known had it not become BREAKING NEWS on TV this afternoon. It's raining and it's miserable and I'm on my computer and it is posted here ................... se la vie.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-29-2018, 05:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Rosanne worked had to receive exactly what she got from her employer. Previously, her disrespect to our National Anthem at a Padres game many years ago (Screeching and crotch grabbing) represent real disrespect . How can anyone praise her and thereafter denigrate those who in quiet respect "take a knee" ?
Old 05-29-2018, 05:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Rosanne worked had to receive exactly what she got from her employer. Previously, her disrespect to our National Anthem at a Padres game many years ago (Screeching and crotch grabbing) represent real disrespect . How can anyone praise her and thereafter denigrate those who in quiet respect "take a knee" ?
Old 05-29-2018, 05:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
This thought crossed my mind also.

i keep talking, or trying to, about Truth....sort of a lost thing now days, and getting worse as lying becomes validated.

I can only recall those who were supporting burning and buryng flags to demonstrate.

I edited this to remove a phrase not totally accurate.

Last edited by Bucco; 05-29-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:29 PM
Sage

Fox just figured out Rosanne is a loose cannon. It makes me wonder.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

I applaud this cast member, who although is now out of a job...still has integrity, ethics and principles.

'Roseanne' co-star says 'today is one of the hardest in my life' - CNN

Quote:
"While I am going to miss being part of the ABC family, I believe that to sit back or remain silent in an attempt to distance myself from the actions/statements of others would unintentionally endorse or placate those statements which I find truly offensive," Fishman added.

"In this moment it is important to be clear. We must stand-up against; bias, hatred, bigotry and ignorance to make society a better place for all."
Old 05-29-2018, 06:35 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Some other shows need to be canceled, especially SNL and The View.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-29-2018, 06:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I applaud this cast member, who although is now out of a job...still has integrity, ethics and principles.

'Roseanne' co-star says 'today is one of the hardest in my life' - CNN
This country needs to awaken and quickly to the fact that there is a HUGE difference between political humor and the stoking of hate and discord on a daily basis either by, or endorsed by our leaders.

"We need to summon the spirit of the Greatest Generation and overcome our partisan enmity. Otherwise we will fall to the most insidious enemy we have ever faced: domestic division."

Max Boot
Old 05-29-2018, 06:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Some other shows need to be canceled, especially SNL and The View.
SNL is humor.

The View is not.

Big difference. Political humor has been a staple of American humor for years. I recall Mort Sahl when I was young.

Point is, each and EVERY SINGLE PRESIDENT and administration has been lampooned in one way or another.

Some are more sensitive to it than others, but most simply understand it.

We better not be saying that political humor is wrong.....that would be just another step in a seriously wrong direction.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:04 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

To paraphrase Michael in "Office Space" Well Bobs, I wouldn't say I MISSED Rosanne Barr's new show.

Tags
poked, net, avail, find, thank-you

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.