Johnny Crawford of "The Rifleman" passes at 75.

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2021, 03:35 PM

Loved and still love that show, I started binge watching the entire series a few weeks ago, many stories always had a moral to them, Father teaching son and sometimes the other way around. Sadly, our generation will be the last to watch all these westerns we grew up with. I know my kids let alone grandkids couldn’t sit still long enough to watch a show as they have NO interest in them, but will watch 2 Broke Girls with canned laughter and sexual innuendo after innuendo. So farewell to Gunsmoke, Rifleman, The Rebel, Lone Ranger, Cheyenne, Wyatt Earp, Cisco Kid, Buffalo Bill Jr., Wanted Dead or Alive, Death Valley Days, Laramie, Hopalong Cassidy, Sugarfoot, Maverick (sorta funny though), Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, Annie Oakley, Zorro, High Chaparral, Have Gun Will Travel, Wagon Train, The Virginian, Rawhide, Rin Tin Tin, Cimarron Strip, Bonnanza, Big Valley, I’m sure I missed a few, but then, I’m getting old...í ½í¸€í ¾í´ í ¾í´ í ¾í´ í ¾í´ í ¾í´ í ¾í´ í  ¾í´ í ¾í´ í ¾í´¡
Old 05-02-2021, 08:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charsaunt View Post
When we lose some of these actors from TV shows and movies from our past it's like we lose just a little more of our childhood. Then we mourn both.
And dam, it makes us feel old as well
Old 05-03-2021, 08:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbs317 View Post
Well said.
Yes we’ll said! But the more that die from our generation the closer we’re getting to the Rambo type movies & TV shows. Before long all we’ll be hearing is what our kids & grandchildren are brought up with & when we talk about Johnny Crawford & Chuck Conners will just go into one ear & out the other. Get used to it because or grandparents did!
Old 05-03-2021, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Have Gun will Travel, Gunsmoke & Rifleman were a little more realistic. Today’s westerns are a lot like Rambo’s, one cowboy will shoot 50 bad guys & they don’t even get a nick. Yes , I agree the older westerns are a little more realistic. Today’s are geared more to the kids like Army video games.
I don't know.
I saw The Duke, shoot 35 Injuns straight off their horses without missing once, and never having to reload a six gun, then beat eight of them to death with his bare hands, and he never even had his stetson knocked of his head!
Closed Thread

Tags
riflemans, kid, actor, remember, easy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.