List of cancelled and renewed TV shows.

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2012, 05:13 PM

One of my favorites, Terra Nova, got axed. Hope SciFi picks it up!

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."----John Wesley
Old 05-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekeithfan View Post
I'm so conservative I make Rush look like a Liberal and I like the show. Love the characters and the story line.
I got a bit turned of by the ideology spouted, and the "enforcer with a heart of gold" who gets "paid" for protection, but is considered righteous because the "do nothing police" ignore the minority business's crime problems.

I said; "yeah okay, what else is on".
Old 05-15-2012, 06:18 PM

I also enjoyed Harry's Law...also liked The Firm, Awake, and Missing that are also cancelled. I liked CSI Miami and CSI New York, which I think they are still debating on axing, better than the CSI Las Vegas which got pretty ridiculous at times. I also read that they thought Harry's Law's audience was too old for the advertisers. Sometimes I feel that if I really enjoy a show, it might be the kiss of death for it.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
This link isn't working for me
Canceled TV Shows 2012: Guide To The Futures Of 'Community,' 'Fringe' And More

Here's a different link-- Cancelled TV Shows 2012: NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX and CW Slash Over 15 Shows
Old 05-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Veteran member
Default Harry's Law

Doesn't make sense..Old folks (me) are the largest growing demographic....And we spend money..
Old 05-16-2012, 03:39 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Default If I like it they cancel it.

I like Harrys law. Also Missing - Unforgettable - Finder - A gifted Man and even Awake I liked although my husband didn't. There are only six epiodes left of the Closer on USA which has also been axed. Sitcoms and reality shows are the cheapest to make so that is what we get stuck with. Some of the syifi shows I liked like Doctor Who have moved to showtime. The problem is when a show moves to either HBO or Showtime not only do you have to subscribe so it ups your already high cable bill but they are then free to have alot of nude scenes and I find them boring and often not even with the normal flow of the stories just thrown in so they can be R rated.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:59 AM
Veteran member
Default hbo/showtime

Agreed about the nude scenes..I am also put off by the unlimited useage of the "F" word...Not that I am a prude by any means but they just use it for shock value...That is why I don't watch VEEP...Couldn't believe that show was renewed..
Old 05-16-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
The liberal preaching agenda of the lead character turned away lots of viewers, like me for example.

I watched the first 3 episodes and then "Harry" said just one too many "stupid" things, in my opinion.

You can't turn away more than half the country and expect ratings.
It's funny how a tv show can impress people differently. I am a staunch conservative and was entertained by the story lines and humorous (admittedly sometimes ridiculous) character situations, but never thought about it expressing a liberal or conservative view on controversial subjects. Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but either way, I enjoyed the show for what it was worth which is entertainment. Actually, if I rethink the cancellation decision, because it is NBC they must have thought the writing was getting too conservative!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Veteran member

"The Closer" ended because Kyra Sedgwick decided to end her involvement. It looks like the show may continue with a slight change in characters. "Harry's Law" and "Prime Suspect", both on NBC, have been cancelled. Seems NBC doesn't like shows with strong female leads...and it doesn't have anything to do with politics. "Law and Order" was on for 20 years...and they always pushed a "liberal" agenda.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Wonder why they call them "reality shows" as they often have nothing to do with real life. How far would most of us get if we treated other people like the contestants in Survivor treat one another??
Agree with you on that point. How "real" is to to try to survive with several other people on an island or a remote jungle? Nothing real about that to me. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesoffh View Post
"The Closer" ended because Kyra Sedgwick decided to end her involvement. It looks like the show may continue with a slight change in characters. "Harry's Law" and "Prime Suspect", both on NBC, have been cancelled. Seems NBC doesn't like shows with strong female leads...and it doesn't have anything to do with politics. "Law and Order" was on for 20 years...and they always pushed a "liberal" agenda.
"The Closer" has been one of my favorites since it debuted 6? years ago. I will miss it, but it has a strong ensemble cast, so we will see if the successor show will make it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.