Megan Boone leaving "The Blacklist".

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2021, 06:18 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,856 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Whoa. This just sounds like someone who doesn't like her family. James Spader is an excellent actor but Megan Boone had to have talent and moxie to get to that level and stay for so long.

THERE IS NOT A DAMNED THING WRONG WITH BEING PART OF A SUCCESSFUL FAMILY and I am so sick of people who are just plain jealous of others.
I think it’s great that Gary Morse’s granddaughter is a star, but I’ve never liked that character very much. I love the show, but that’s 90% due to James Spader, who is wonderful. I love his voice and his phrasing.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:22 AM
Veteran member

Talt, she apparently never watched Boston Legal....he was a lawyer and not a villain in that exceptional show.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:38 AM

Who is Megan Boone?
Old 06-24-2021, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,012 Times in 5,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
Talt, she apparently never watched Boston Legal....he was a lawyer and not a villain in that exceptional show.
Was a great show until about the last year when it go really weird.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:18 AM

For anyone’s info, Megan worked hard and on her own to make her way in theatre, film and TV. She plays her role on Blacklist as written and directed … troubled, fearful, strong yet frightened … it is her character. And whether you support the Developer or not, this family has instilled a strong worth ethic in their children, grand children and now great grand children. Megan decided to leave the show and is probably looking to spread her wings into other roles/characters.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:40 AM
Default Megan Boone

Gracie girl…I couldn’t agree more!
Quote:
Whoa. This just sounds like someone who doesn't like her family. James Spader is an excellent actor but Megan Boone had to have talent and moxie to get to that level and stay for so long.

THERE IS NOT A DAMNED THING WRONG WITH BEING PART OF A SUCCESSFUL FAMILY and I am so sick of people who are just plain jealous of others.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:57 AM
Veteran member

I only recently watched the pilot of The Blacklist. Now I’m hooked. Soon after watching that first episode I learned that Megan Boone was the granddaughter of The Villages founder. I think she’s a fabulous actor and is quite beautiful. I wish I didn’t read this because now I know she will eventually be gone. I’ve been binge watching and I am up to season 2, episode 3. With 8 seasons, I have my summer’s viewing all set. Love the show!
Old 06-24-2021, 07:58 AM

Jealousy and dislike for a family that has created a wonderful retirement for so many people is tragic. Speaks to their character or lack thereof.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Gracie please! This has nothing to do with the family. I love what the Morse family created here. Most retirement communities you have to go out of your surroundings for entertainment, restaurants, etc. It is Megan Boone the actress I take issue with. She is stiff and displays minimal expression. She is beautiful and IMHO that has eased her way through life. Your strong remark is presumptuous and uncalled for.

Having said all that I always look forward to reading your responses on this forum.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
I think it’s great that Gary Morse’s granddaughter is a star, but I’ve never liked that character very much. I love the show, but that’s 90% due to James Spader, who is wonderful. I love his voice and his phrasing.
Another vote for Spader!
Old 06-24-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
No loss. She has but one facial expression. Can't hold a candle to the likes of James Spader. She will go on somewhere else eased by her looks.
I had my doubts at first given the star power of Spader, but I feel she became an equal main character on the show. I’ll be looking for her next gig!
Old 06-24-2021, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,878 Times in 2,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Her last new show is on tonight of The Blacklist.

Ms. Boone is the granddaughter of H. Gary Morse. H. Gary Morse - Wikipedia
What is the blacklist. Sounds political incorrect?
Old 06-24-2021, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
My sister-in-law hates James Spader so much she will not watch anything he is in. That is probably because he captures a persona of a villain so easily.

Megan Boone is a good actress. I doubt if Hollywood would give extra screen time and salary to a member of immediate family of the developers of the Villages. It is probably more of a negative. But families are very complicated and can have many different viewpoints among its members. And, of course, Hollywood contains many very different people with an extremely wide range of views.
We use the term HATE to regularly. Perhaps,like the word awesome, it has been used
so much that it is meaningless noise. I make an effort to keep my HATE LIST empty
as it is now. That way when someone makes my list I can and do give them my full attention.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:

People,"think," they know these people. What they know or think they know is little or no reality.

As far as part of the Morse family, we do not chose the cards we are dealt we chose how we play them. We all know sometimes the difference between success and failure
is who you know not what you know.
Old 06-24-2021, 10:03 AM
Default Worth Ethic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherstubbs View Post
For anyone’s info, Megan worked hard and on her own to make her way in theatre, film and TV. She plays her role on Blacklist as written and directed … troubled, fearful, strong yet frightened … it is her character. And whether you support the Developer or not, this family has instilled a strong worth ethic in their children, grand children and now great grand children. Megan decided to leave the show and is probably looking to spread her wings into other roles/characters.
OMG, I could not agree more. "...this family has instilled a strong WORTH ETHIC (emphasis added) in their children". Well said!!
Closed Thread

Tags
blacklist, megan, boone, leaving, show

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.