N.C.I.S. Hawai'i.

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2021, 10:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
Hawaii 5-0, the new one, was my favorite show. Still upset they took it off.
I believe the star who played Steve McGarrett had various injuries he received while filming and had limited his commitment to the series at 10 seasons.

Steve McGarrett (2010 | Heroes Wiki | Fandom)

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 09-23-2021 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-24-2021, 06:07 AM

Didn’t care for the Hawaii version of NCIS, nor did I care for the spin-offs of CSI, which is apparently being rebooted. To me all the reboots just show how starved for originality Hollywood has become. It’s the lazy way out; take a past successful show, make the new cast as diverse as possible, and throw in current computer technology. Yawn.

I used to love the Chicago franchise shows by Dick Wolf of “Law and Order” fame because they gave me a glimpse of home, but they’re wearing thin. All his shows seem to have a meta anti-cop message running through them at some point.
Old 09-24-2021, 06:09 AM
Default Hawaii NCiS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
They did seem to want to make the cast as diverse as possible.

I enjoyed the first show though of N.C.I.S. Hawai'i.
I didn’t like it for the simple reason that I thought the acting wasn’t good
Old 09-25-2021, 10:03 AM
Sage
Default T.V. as a whole

I'm almost home-bound (not due to covid but physical issues) so watch A LOT of television. I used to watch the original then went on with the off-shoots but that was short-lived. Too much of the same-old, same old and as another poster said NOT much imagination. Take that over to the Law and Order (I like crime shows if done well) franchise. Binge-watched SVU during the lock-down but got weary of it. When the new season began, decided to give it another shot (the 2-hr "special" was tedious IMO) then went on to the off-shoot one. Decided it's too dark for me so won't continue. Doubt I will with the SVU too. It was better, early on---but again my personal taste.
I no longer remain faithful to the 3 networks anymore and their prime-time junk. I'm finding I like the British police shows, their dramas too PLUS old re-hashing of series from years ago that we watched in our youth. They're lighter and funnier...again my opinion.
Old 09-25-2021, 10:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

The British and German shows do seem better if you like the Masterpiece Theater type of show. More character development and less sex and violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I'm almost home-bound (not due to covid but physical issues) so watch A LOT of television. I used to watch the original then went on with the off-shoots but that was short-lived. Too much of the same-old, same old and as another poster said NOT much imagination. Take that over to the Law and Order (I like crime shows if done well) franchise. Binge-watched SVU during the lock-down but got weary of it. When the new season began, decided to give it another shot (the 2-hr "special" was tedious IMO) then went on to the off-shoot one. Decided it's too dark for me so won't continue. Doubt I will with the SVU too. It was better, early on---but again my personal taste.
I no longer remain faithful to the 3 networks anymore and their prime-time junk. I'm finding I like the British police shows, their dramas too PLUS old re-hashing of series from years ago that we watched in our youth. They're lighter and funnier...again my opinion.
Closed Thread

Tags
n.c.i.s, hawaii, make, imho, hope

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.