Lost my PBS Channel 15

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2019, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Lost my PBS Channel 15

I get my TV through satellite with Century Link. I have lost all reception on Channel 15 which is my PBS station. Does anyone else have this problem and if so, what did you do to get it back. I cannot reach anyone at Century Link to get an intelligent answer.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 11-08-2019, 08:00 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Go through your list of channels and/or favorite channels. Odds are it somehow got deleted. I’ve had that happen a couple of times.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-08-2019, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Go through your list of channels and/or favorite channels. Odds are it somehow got deleted. I’ve had that happen a couple of times.
I finally got an answer from Direct TV - what a surprise, it is money. Until the contract is settles there will be no Channel 15 on Direct TV. Ba humbug.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 11-08-2019, 01:39 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

On the plus side, they usually settle this quickly.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-08-2019, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

PBS is still operational via ROKU.

I hope Direct settles quickly for you.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:40 AM
Sage

We get PBS Channel 15 (Daytona) and PBS Channel 24 (Orlando) over the air. Sometimes the weather messes with Ch. 15, though. Nucky is right, you can stream many PBS programs via the Roku device. If you haven't done so, you really ought to look into streaming, there is so much to watch, when you want to watch it. We subscribe to Netflix and Acorn TV. Acorn carries mostly British dramas and comedies like Doc Martin. I like Netflix because everything they do can be viewed closed-captioned. Sometimes old ears can't decipher the dialogue, especially with foreign films.
Closed Thread

Tags
lost, century, link, channel, pbs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.