Need assistance with YouTube out of sync

Closed Thread
Old 11-27-2022, 12:11 PM
Default Need assistance with YouTube out of sync

I stream using various sites, but mainly YouTube TV. For sometime the sound track has been out of sync and it is getting worse to the point where it is ridiculous. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to rectify this please. Thanks.
Old 11-27-2022, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

If this is JUST YouTube, I would reboot what ever device you are using for this service. If this is on other streaming or cable or over the air channels I would check settings on the television, ours has some settings to alter the timing of the audio track.
Old 11-27-2022, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

When this happens with our fire stick-based Hulu it is usually corrected by exiting back to the Home Screen then restarting Hulu.

Once or twice we have had to force-stop Hulu.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 11-27-2022, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,714 Times in 5,243 Posts

What streaming device are you using? If it allows you to add and remove apps (like a Roku device), I would try removing the YouTube TV app and then add it back. This will ensure that you have the latest version. Apparently, syncing was an issue on an earlier app version of Youtube TV.

Are you using external speakers, like a soundbar or a receiver? If so, I would try switching to the TV speakers and see if that is the problem.

I would also run an internet speed test to see if you have enough internet speed.

Good luck.
Old 11-27-2022, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
What streaming device are you using? If it allows you to add and remove apps (like a Roku device), I would try removing the YouTube TV app and then add it back. This will ensure that you have the latest version. Apparently, syncing was an issue on an earlier app version of Youtube TV.

Are you using external speakers, like a soundbar or a receiver? If so, I would try switching to the TV speakers and see if that is the problem.

I would also run an internet speed test to see if you have enough internet speed.

Good luck.
I'm using Roku Box. I'll see what I can do through settings. Thanks.
Old 11-28-2022, 09:02 AM

I have Roku/YouTube TV. When that happens. I turn everything off and unplug the Roku. Problem is gone after re-plugging Roku and turning everything back on.
Old 11-28-2022, 09:06 AM
Veteran member

Internet speed has nothing to do with the audio track being out of sync. If internet speed is too slow, you can get pausing and freezing, but it doesn't affect audio sync. Simply exiting and restarting the app doesn't always work. On a FireStick, many apps will continue to run in the background.

The 1st step should be to restart the device itself - this ensures that all apps are stopped, and cleanly restarted.
2nd step would be to clear the cache on the app, if the device offers that option. Most devices let apps cache a certain amount of data to enable them to launch in a preset state, and sometimes this data gets corrupted. On a FireStick, you need to go to app management.
3rd step is to adjust the audio delay for the app. This is an option on both FireStick and Roku.

As an FYI, I consistently ran into this issue on both Roku and Google TV devices. I switched to FireStick 4K Max and have not experienced the issue since.
Old 11-29-2022, 05:36 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnh View Post
i'm using roku box. I'll see what i can do through settings. Thanks.
also you may try rebooting your tv to original factory settings
Old 11-29-2022, 06:54 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Akentut
Default Rewind

The simple solution is rewind a few seconds. The more difficult way is usually in the settings. I’m not familiar with YouTube TV but that’s my solution in Hulu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
I stream using various sites, but mainly YouTube TV. For sometime the sound track has been out of sync and it is getting worse to the point where it is ridiculous. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to rectify this please. Thanks.
Old 11-29-2022, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Call Bryce Sherwood at 352-617-8669 - we just had him over as we are cutting the cord and he is GREAT - set up four TV’s - downloaded apps - direct wired our big tv - and gave excellent instruction - give him a call . Thanks
Old 11-29-2022, 07:24 AM
Veteran member

I use a Firestick, it happens from time to time. Reboot the Firestick (I.E. unplug the power and plug it back in)
Old 11-29-2022, 08:25 AM

On my Vizio tv you would go to -menu-and then audio and you will find an adjustment can made
Old 11-29-2022, 06:14 PM
Veteran member
Default Sync

Quote:
Have a friend that had the same problem no adjustment would correct it, he had a sound bar. When he disconnected the sound bar it was fixed
Old 11-29-2022, 06:33 PM

This happens on Hulu as well. You need to pause the screen for 5 seconds then hit play and the sound should be re-synched.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:13 PM

I too use the fire stick. I've found that if I hit the rewind button then hit play it corrects the problem.
Closed Thread

Tags
youtube, sync, point, ridiculous, idea

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.