New FORUM Talk Of The Television!!

Old 08-28-2012, 01:00 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default New FORUM Talk Of The Television!!

Well... again you asked for it... you got it!! Talk of the Television should be a fantastic forum to have fun with fellow Villagers to let them know:
***what shows you are currently watching
***what shows are awesome you have seen
***general discussions about television programs
***LIVE discussions with Villagers about a show everyone enjoys
***Discuss any and all on going series every week!

Animation, Comedy, Drama, News, Reality, Soap, Action/Suspense, Sci-Fi,
Family, Romantic, Game Show, Talk Show, Endurance, Lifestyle, Celebrity,
Reality, Drama, Dancing with the Stars, X Factor and American Idol

ENJOY!!!

Last edited by Ad poster; 09-10-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:43 AM
Sage

King of the Hill and Andy of Mayberry are my two favorites. I know, I know, I am an old cogger.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Default New season of Survivor.

This season of Survivor might be fun. They have 3 people who had to exit previous Survivors because of injuries coming back onto the show.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Talk of TV - th's Television!

I always enjoyed "The Closer", sorry to see it go off, but the replacement show "Major Crimes" seems to be shaping up to be worth watching. I just happen to like the whole cast and the way it has been smoothly transitioned from one show to the other.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad poster View Post
Well... again you asked for it... you got it!! Talk of the Television should be a fantastic forum to have fun with fellow Villagers to let them know:

***what shows you are currently watching
***what shows are awesome you have seen
***general discussions about television programs
***LIVE discussions with Villagers about a show everyone enjoys
***Discuss any and all on going series every week!

Animation, Comedy, Drama, News, Reality, Soap, Action/Suspense,
Sci-Fi, Family, Romantic, Game Show, Talk Show, Endurance,
Lifestyle, Celebrity, Reality, Drama

ENJOY!!!

I see that you are an ad poster. What exactly do you sell?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Sage

Do you stick to the regular network channels or do you watch shows on other cable networks? So many to watch,....A&E, The History Channel, H2, HGTV, SyFy, Travel, shopping channels,,,,,and so many more, and I didn't even mention all the movie channels with so many new and continuing series. There's True Blood, one of my favorites, The Sopranos, Nurse Jackie, The Newsroom, Band of Brothers, to mention a few, and of course, a DVR so you can continue on with other activities and your favorite show will be recorded allowing you to watch when you want. Whatt a wonderful invention, the DVR, well, the remote takes first place. Remember having to get up to change the channel....

What do you like, what show do you absolutely not want to miss? For me, The Big Bang Theory and True Blood....each so very different from the other.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Sage

A great new forum as we all watch television. These days I watch a lot of sports amd movies. I enjoy the old TCM movie classics.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 08-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Gracie,
I think that I remember Adposter selling "Dryer Vent Cleaning" and the removal of cobwebs from aging brain cells.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
What does "Super Moderator" mean on your avatar, ad poster?
Old 08-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Veteran member

I think that the "Ad Poster" user name is used by the moderator(s), not by advertisers. Look through the service directory and you will see that new advertisers are introduced by "Ad Poster".

Last edited by Skybo; 08-28-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Graciegirl, etc...
sorry for the confusion. When a new ad is put on the site, it will be posted on the site from "Ad Poster".
"Ad Poster" in this case was helping with the new "Talk Of The Television" setup and that's why you see that post at the top... It should have came from "Admin" so it wasn't confusing. Thanks and hope that clarifies.. Enjoy this section!! Admin
Old 08-29-2012, 02:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I always enjoyed "The Closer", sorry to see it go off, but the replacement show "Major Crimes" seems to be shaping up to be worth watching. I just happen to like the whole cast and the way it has been smoothly transitioned from one show to the other.
I also loved "The Closer". So far I am enjoying "Major Crimes." It will be interesting to see how Capt. Raydor adjusts to being in command. She seemed pretty "by the book" a few seasons back, but I think she is starting to change now that she has a command role.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
Do you stick to the regular network channels or do you watch shows on other cable networks? So many to watch,....A&E, The History Channel, H2, HGTV, SyFy, Travel, shopping channels,,,,,and so many more, and I didn't even mention all the movie channels with so many new and continuing series. There's True Blood, one of my favorites, The Sopranos, Nurse Jackie, The Newsroom, Band of Brothers, to mention a few, and of course, a DVR so you can continue on with other activities and your favorite show will be recorded allowing you to watch when you want. Whatt a wonderful invention, the DVR, well, the remote takes first place. Remember having to get up to change the channel....

What do you like, what show do you absolutely not want to miss? For me, The Big Bang Theory and True Blood....each so very different from the other.
While "The Sopranos" and "Sex and The City" were on HBO, I splurged and got HBO for several years. Loved both shows. Once "The Sopranos" went off the air, I cancelled HBO before I could get hooked on another HBO series.

On cable I enjoy/enjoyed watching The Closer, Major Crimes, Rizzoli and Isles, Rescue Me, Army Wives and Leverage. The final episode of Army Wives will be shown in 2 weeks, but that show has lasted about 6 seasons, so it has had a good run. For cable news/talk programs, I enjoy watching Anderson Cooper and Piers Morgan on CNN.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:16 AM
Sage
Default The Closer/Major Crimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I also loved "The Closer". So far I am enjoying "Major Crimes." It will be interesting to see how Capt. Raydor adjusts to being in command. She seemed pretty "by the book" a few seasons back, but I think she is starting to change now that she has a command role.
I disliked her intensely when she first came on the show, but now I kinda like her ................. and, I am interested to see what they do with "Rusty", I'm guessing he will become part of the show! I think she will probably take him in and his story will run in a similar way to Brenda's parents in The Closer.

The last episode of "The Closer" was pure genius ............ the way they tied David's girl friend to the crooked attorney who was out to get Brenda was really well done. I had been wondering for sometime how the problem with the attorney would work out ........... and I guess it did. Just my opinion, but I thought the writing was excellent.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-29-2012, 07:23 AM
Sage
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
On cable I enjoy/enjoyed watching The Closer, Major Crimes, Rizzoli and Isles, Rescue Me, Army Wives and Leverage. The final episode of Army Wives will be shown in 2 weeks, but that show has lasted about 6 seasons, so it has had a good run. For cable news/talk programs, I enjoy watching Anderson Cooper and Piers Morgan on CNN.
Our taste in TV programming run along the same lines - really enjoy watching Anderson Cooper, especially when he gets down and dirty with "Keeping them Honest", and Piers Morgan can be very obnoxious when so inclined ... would not like him to interview me!

But, I do have to admit to a vice ------- I am hooked on "Hoarding" ..... what awful, dirty, filthy people. I think I watch it in the hopes that one of these days someone will come along and call the hoarder a PIG and empty the whole house into the back of a garbage truck, instead of letting them pick through their junk.

Last edited by Madelaine Amee; 08-29-2012 at 08:44 AM.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.