"One Hundred Years of Nothing" Yellowstone, Season 5, Episode 1.

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2022, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
The underlying theme of Yellowstone—a landowner trying to protect his land from the incursion of developers—still exists in the west.

I was talking to a friend yesterday who grew up in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. She said that the changes in her hometown are sad, that the billionaires are now buying out the millionaires. She said there is no way she could ever afford to live there anymore.
That’s a fact and it’s been that way for quite a few years.
I lived and worked in Montana for 27 years. I worked with a lot of ranchers and lived on one for a while. The Yellowstone series takes me back to those days and I know much of the scenery having been in the forestry business there. They certainly don’t take kindly to outsiders coming in and trying to change their western way of life. The series is a pretty accurate depiction of the struggle between ranchers, wildlife, native tribes, environmentalists/preservationists, politicians and non-residents.
Old 11-22-2022, 11:54 AM
Smile Title correction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Love the title of the first episode of the Fifth Season of Yellowstone. The title is -- "One Hundred Years of Nothing".

I have watched the first two episodes. This should get very interesting.
For the record, the title is actually "One Hundred Years is Nothing" - giving the episode a bit more meaning...
Old 11-22-2022, 01:42 PM
Default OmniVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Been away can you get this season on prime or netflix?
Its on OmniVision the day after. Included in the $365/yr cost.
Old 11-22-2022, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemotay View Post
That’s a fact and it’s been that way for quite a few years.
I lived and worked in Montana for 27 years. I worked with a lot of ranchers and lived on one for a while. The Yellowstone series takes me back to those days and I know much of the scenery having been in the forestry business there. They certainly don’t take kindly to outsiders coming in and trying to change their western way of life. The series is a pretty accurate depiction of the struggle between ranchers, wildlife, native tribes, environmentalists/preservationists, politicians and non-residents.
I remember the same thing about Eastern Oregon. All those various groups were in tension with each other. If you were in one group, you could not make friends with those in the other groups. Everyone became uptight. It was a difficult environment to be in.
Old 11-22-2022, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmrsjms View Post
For the record, the title is actually "One Hundred Years is Nothing" - giving the episode a bit more meaning...
One Hundred Years is Nothing | Yellowstone Wiki | Fandom

Good catch.
Closed Thread

Tags
hundred, title, episode, season, yellowstone

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.