The Oscars

The Oscars

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy (SSBN 633) View Post
Collection of morons making up awards to give to themselves....just my humble opinion
If I am a moron, I was in a big crowd.

Over 26 Million

Old 02-25-2019, 10:35 AM
Sage

Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle

We enjoy watching the Oscars. Sometimes you hear and see “things” you don’t agree with but exposing yourself to the “arts”, different ideas and people from different lifestyles and backgrounds can give you a better understanding of the world we live in. Hopefully we can be smarter and wiser today than we were yesterday. My wife and I grew up in small midwestern towns and it wasn’t until later that we met people from different backgrounds, lifestyles and religions. It has been my experence that most people don’t want you to agree, rather, they want respect. “I don’t like that man, I must get to know him better.” Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-25-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
We enjoy watching the Oscars. Sometimes you hear and see “things” you don’t agree with but exposing yourself to the “arts”, different ideas and people from different lifestyles and backgrounds can give you a better understanding of the world we live in. Hopefully we can be smarter and wiser today than we were yesterday. My wife and I grew up in small midwestern towns and it wasn’t until later that we met people from different backgrounds, lifestyles and religions. It has been my experence that most people don’t want you to agree, rather, they want respect. “I don’t like that man, I must get to know him better.” Abraham Lincoln
Beautiful post. Thank you!
Old 02-25-2019, 10:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Proud to know you both.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Well stated...thanks!

Analogous to one of my favorite sayings.

Quote:
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.

Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

― Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad/Roughing It
Old 02-25-2019, 01:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
I have met some awful people but most of those were people I was representing who were in prison at Minnesota Correctional Facility-- Stillwater or running for political office or in political office.

Abraham Lincoln though looks like he was one hell of a good man.
Closed Thread

Tags
oscars, big, nostalgic, productions, fare